20/12/2020 12:03 pm  #1

CHRISTMAS 2020 AND NEW YEAR WISHES

What a year. A year I am sure many will wish to forget. A year that for some contained sorrow, illness, and problems in greater measure than most normal years. 

I can't imagine what Bing would have made of it but I'm sure he would have a sombre but comforting message about the past and attempt to lighten matters with more cheery wishes for the future. 
Would he have managed a merry quip? "Mr Christmas" himself was a master of the most appropriate turn of phrase and would have found something I'm sure.

Despite all, may I just express the wish that all manage to do their best to celebrate Christmas in the best possible way. I trust that the New Year might bring improvements and new hope for all.

Meantime, stay well.

Richard Baker

20/12/2020 7:23 pm  #2

Re: CHRISTMAS 2020 AND NEW YEAR WISHES

Oh, how I thought that the year 2020 would be a good year - 2020, a year of perfect vision but it has proved to be one of the most awful years what with the bushfires in Australia and California also suffered. Floodings and extreme weather and then starting to recover and then a double whammy with the Coronavirius.
Governments have had a hard time trying to balance everything out and having to wear a mask.
Strange - last year if you walked into a bank wearing a mask the alarm bells would be ringing, now you can’t go into one without wearing one.
But, one thing we can all do is to take a few minutes out and play and LISTEN to Bing’s recording of ‘The Secret of Christmas’. So true the words.
Please stay safe and enjoy Christmas under trying times.

Ron Field

21/12/2020 7:40 pm  #3

It's strange how times can change so quickly. Another year to go in the books, I guess. I'd say the year started off fine, but just progressively got worse and worse. I hope everyone is having a nice time right now during this holiday season, even with the many differences. I hope you all of a Bing-filled Christmas, I know am I going to have one.

Every time it rains, it rains pennies from heaven.

21/12/2020 10:51 pm  #4

2020 was a year like no other, but I like to try to pick out the positives. When we all were home together, my wife and I really got quality time with the children. During normal times, we would not have seen them as much. My wife and I took the time to exercise more and lose weight, and financially we have never been better. We didn't go on a vacation so we saved money there!

I know there's are a lot of people who was truly affected in tragic ways by the pandemic, and I hope those less fortunate will have a good start to 2021. I hope each and every one of you have a wonderful Christmas and New Year and better times will be in our future!

May your days be merry and bright, and may all your Christmases be white...

22/12/2020 3:31 pm  #5

Just stopping by to wish all here a Happy & Healthy Holiday season. Just like the rest of you I can't wait to pop the cork at 12:00 midnight January 1, 2021 and hit the "reset" button. Just as Ron said, I had very high hopes for what I was regaling in as "The New Roaring 20's". Well, we have 9 more years to see how that pans out! Nonetheless, we carry on hoping that indeed "next year all our troubles will be out of sight"!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all!   

Last edited by paulmock (22/12/2020 3:38 pm)

All the best,
Paul M. Mock

23/12/2020 12:24 am  #6

Paul, shouldn’t you be popping the cork on 31st. December at midnight, then 1. Second later it is1st. January.
As Bing sings ‘Let’s Start The New Year Right’.

23/12/2020 12:30 am  #7

Hi Ron,
Indeed ,what I meant and what I typed were two different things and thanks for catching that. But of course you "caught my drift"! I always try to be punctual, so indeed I shall make sure I do just as you have suggested. 

All the best for a festive Holiday Season!  

All the best,
Paul M. Mock

25/12/2020 12:46 pm  #8

My dear friends,

I agree with everything that was said earlier and can not say anything more (sometimes it happens).
I think that 2020 was the year that will stay in history and maybe we will all be asked how was it and how it happend so that we survived.
I am sure that Bing would say that if now something (or a lot of things) is (are) not allright, everything will be allright sometime.
He would say that he feels sorry about all the troubles and pain that the humanity faces because of the pandemia, but before he will make some jokes half-funny, half-sad, about everything that happened and still happens.
And also he would sing "White Christmas" and some other beautiful Christmas songs to make everything comfortable.
Now I want to ask you to be positive anyway because there is someting good in every situation.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Stay well and may all your New Years dreams come true Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas (yes, that's from Sinatra's "Christmas Waltz")!
May your days be merry, and bright and may all your Christmases be white!

Tom Joe Mortel

Board footera