25/2/2019 4:00 pm  #1


LILLIS, LOVE AND A LITTLE COVERED WAGON

I very happily just picked up a copy of "Lillis, Love & A Little Covered Wagon" on Ebay! I've been looking for a copy for a little while and I was both a bit stunned to see it come up for listing on Ebay, and that I would up being the high bidder! (I had a hard stop and was sure I would be outbid!)

It just came in Saturday, so I have not had an opportunity to listen to more than a handful of tracks but already have found enough to justify my purchase!

Crosby's "One For My Baby" particularly is a standout and a puzzlement why this wasn't on his "Sinatra" album!

 

25/2/2019 4:55 pm  #2


Re: LILLIS, LOVE AND A LITTLE COVERED WAGON

Ron1972 wrote:

I very happily just picked up a copy of "Lillis, Love & A Little Covered Wagon" on Ebay! I've been looking for a copy for a little while and I was both a bit stunned to see it come up for listing on Ebay, and that I would up being the high bidder! (I had a hard stop and was sure I would be outbid!)

It just came in Saturday, so I have not had an opportunity to listen to more than a handful of tracks but already have found enough to justify my purchase!

Crosby's "One For My Baby" particularly is a standout and a puzzlement why this wasn't on his "Sinatra" album!

I love that issue. It features a lot of great vocals Bing did in the 60s.

Also just got off Ebay, Harry Lillis On Stage. It is another one in that series and the only one I was missing.

 

25/2/2019 7:17 pm  #3


Re: LILLIS, LOVE AND A LITTLE COVERED WAGON

I think the seller has multiple volumes.. I wonder if we bought from the same seller... 

     Thread Starter
 

25/2/2019 9:03 pm  #4


Re: LILLIS, LOVE AND A LITTLE COVERED WAGON

Ron1972 wrote:

I think the seller has multiple volumes.. I wonder if we bought from the same seller... 

When I get home I'll check on the seller. He also had a ton of Redmond Nostalgia issues for sale.
 

 

26/2/2019 8:19 pm  #5


Re: LILLIS, LOVE AND A LITTLE COVERED WAGON

Well I've had more of an opportunity to listen and so far I'm very impressed. I think you could have probably assembled a very solid album or 2 from the tracks that I assume came from the Longines collection. 

I think if those tracks had been released as independent albums, those albums would have been stronger than "Thoroughly Modern Bing" or "Hey Jude/Hey Bing". 

Makes me cry for some missed opportunities, instead of sing-a-long albums in the early 60's, Bing could have done a series of duet albums "Bing & Satchmo", "From C to Shore - with Dinah & Bing", "Dino & Der Bingle", and finished the 60's with some albums of some great standards, and maybe even the female follow up of "Songs I Wish I Had Sung". 

Oh well, if only!

     Thread Starter
 

27/2/2019 2:00 pm  #6


Re: LILLIS, LOVE AND A LITTLE COVERED WAGON

Ron1972 wrote:

Well I've had more of an opportunity to listen and so far I'm very impressed. I think you could have probably assembled a very solid album or 2 from the tracks that I assume came from the Longines collection. 

I think if those tracks had been released as independent albums, those albums would have been stronger than "Thoroughly Modern Bing" or "Hey Jude/Hey Bing". 

Makes me cry for some missed opportunities, instead of sing-a-long albums in the early 60's, Bing could have done a series of duet albums "Bing & Satchmo", "From C to Shore - with Dinah & Bing", "Dino & Der Bingle", and finished the 60's with some albums of some great standards, and maybe even the female follow up of "Songs I Wish I Had Sung". 

Oh well, if only!

I was thinking that as well. Even with the over 2000 recordings Bing made, it just isn't enough!
 

 

28/2/2019 8:57 am  #7


Re: LILLIS, LOVE AND A LITTLE COVERED WAGON

I seem to remember that Bing said - or maybe on the jacket of the songs of the blokes, that he should do one relating to the females.

 

28/12/2019 7:40 am  #8


Re: LILLIS, LOVE AND A LITTLE COVERED WAGON

I have the Longines 1965 version on LP I'm still trying to find the CD as I can't port over my records to computer well, and the CD should be in better sound quality.


Every time it rains, it rains pennies from heaven.
 

Board footera

 

Powered by Boardhost. Create a Free Forum

Spread the word about CROSBY FAN WORLD http://crosbyfanworld.boardhost.com