11/5/2015 4:54 pm  #1

INTERVIEW WITH WIG WIGGINS ABOUT NEW CROSBY DISCOGRAPHY

Dear all,

I recently purchased the new Bing Crosby discography that Wig Wiggins and Jim Reilly just published. Not only is it a wonderful resource for both dedicated and casual Crosby fans, it is also a very attractive book that all Bing fans should own.

Therefore, I got in touch with Wig and interviewed him on the subject of the book for an article to be published in my classic jazz blog, The Vintage Bandstand. You can read the interview here:

http://vintagebandstand.blogspot.com/2015/05/interview-with-wig-wiggins-co-author-of.html

I hope you enjoy it, and if you don't have Wig and Jim's discography, I recommend you check it out! 

11/5/2015 5:13 pm  #2

Re: INTERVIEW WITH WIG WIGGINS ABOUT NEW CROSBY DISCOGRAPHY

Nicely done, Anton. OK for me to use this in the magazine if Wig is happy?

11/5/2015 5:30 pm  #3

Malcolm Macfarlane wrote:

Nicely done, Anton. OK for me to use this in the magazine if Wig is happy?

Thanks, Malcolm! I am glad to hear you enjoyed the interview. Yes, it is definitely okay with me for you to use the interview in the magazine. Thanks again! 

12/5/2015 9:00 am  #4

Anton posted a note and link to his interview with Wig on the Yahoo British Dance Bands site and has received a fair bit of favourable reaction. You cannot see it unless you are a member. This just shows that there is still a reasonably wide interest in Bing. The content there is normally confined to British dance bands with an occasional meander to take in US bands.

The post also prompted a query about the identity of the band depicted at the head of Anton's site - Benny Goodman, as ought to have been evident from the image of Benny himself, up at the front.

19/6/2015 1:05 am  #5

Thanks Anton for another interesting contribution to this website. As soon as David Currington receives copies of the discography 'Down Under' I'll get a copy. Every week I refer to the first edition when I prepare my music program for our local public radio station.

19/6/2015 1:43 pm  #6

Thanks for your very nice comments about the interview, Graham! I am glad you will be getting a copy of the discography, because, in my opinion, it really is worth it, both for the casual and the dedicated Crosby fan.

05/1/2019 4:10 pm  #7

Is the discography still available?  If it is, I could send a check for this to Wig Wiggins along with the money for my membership in the ICC.  Sounds like something I should grab now while I can.

05/1/2019 5:05 pm  #8

Give Wig a call to check. (703) 241-5608.

07/1/2019 8:50 pm  #9

Malcolm - do you know if there will still be a "Special Radio Recordings" supplement issued?

Zane Johnson

08/1/2019 9:00 am  #10

Zane, I haven't heard of any plans for the supplement. Again, check with Wig for the latest info.

Board footera