17/3/2018 1:42 pm  #1

Feels Good Feels Right... Feels overpriced!

Forum friends, quick "easy" question. How much is Feels Good Feels Right worth? I have been shopping around for it for a while and it always seems to command $40 on the side to about $70 on the high side.

I know the album has fans but is it worth spending so much for a copy on CD?

I hate to buy one and then have a rerelease come out for $12.99 or something!

Thoughts?

18/3/2018 12:52 am  #2

Re: Feels Good Feels Right... Feels overpriced!

I doubt there can be a definitive and unqualified answer to your question though without doubt some of the higher prices quoted are opportunistic kite flying.  Ranges quoted are always wide.

Two are currently on offer on Amazon UK at 133 GBP (new) which in my mind is grossly excessive.
On the other hand a used copy is on UK eBay at a start price of 13:87 GBP, which I would say is a bargain even after taking shipping into account. 
https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/Big-Crosby-Feels-Good-Feels-Right-1976-Bonus-Tracks-CD-West-Germany-PDO-1988/1138015911?iid=382393201424
US prices look to be less extreme at both ends.
The songs on it are good.
There is always the possibility of a reissue and Vocalion had one in 2004.

18/3/2018 10:23 pm  #3

I agree Richard! And fully realized that answer to value would be personal opinion.

Sadly, this an album that I usually here good things about but it seems to command way too much money.

I guess I wondered if those who have it would spend that much to get again.

18/3/2018 10:46 pm  #4

I bought the Vocalion re-issue when it first came out and acquired the original London CD release a few years ago via ebay. I think I paid about £20...

I agree with Richard that some of the prices quoted on Amazon for various releases are completely opportunistic and I can only assume that the vendors are relying on the possibility that there might just be someone out there with more money than sense! I suppose occasionally they might just be right..!

28/3/2018 6:47 pm  #5

Well this post certainly delivered some great feedback and an even better lead! I actually purchased the the copy that Richard linked to and it arrived just yesterday! 

I've only been able to listen to it through one (playing a few tracks more than once) and have to say  I'm very impressed with it! I'll need a few more listens to be sure but I'm glad to have been able to get a hold of a copy (Thanks Richard!). 

In the end, with shipping this cost me just under $25 U.S. which I'm very comfortable with. 

Even after a single listen I'm willing to say it's a great CD and well worth owning, but I don't think I would have wanted to pay $40-$70 for it!

28/3/2018 11:32 pm  #6

Feels Good... is a lovely album that is well worth owning both on CD and vinyl if the price is right, which seems to be the case with the copy you purchased. Feels Good... and Seasons are, without a doubt, my two favorite albums by Bing in the 1970s!

29/3/2018 3:20 am  #7

LOL, I think I've been called cheap!!

Okay there is truth to that I am a bit frugal and I don't want to spend money wastefully (thought I too often do just that!) But, there is a reality that I can't just spend money on something because I want to. Bills need to be paid, things maintained, other interests competing for my hard earned dollars. (I hope I don't sound defensive because I'm not but I think I can't be the only one who has to watch where they spend their money.)

Also I would say over the last few years I have bought or acquired a LOT of Bing Crosby! At some point you have to sort of level out! I have some CD's I haven't listened to yet! Others that are lucky if they've gotten a spin!

But also $40 dollars is a lot to spend on ONE album! For the same money I could buy several other albums. And while there has been some positive mentions here, I've also read others that have found this album to be less than Bing's best! (Thankfully I am more in line with your thoughts on this album and so far would say that Bing's 70's output is amongst MY favorites of his work.)

I hope that Bing fans aren't too thrifty because obviously more new releases depend on there being a market for them and there are several things that I've bought that I did to be supportive of those new releases more than because they were the "next" thing I thought I should get. 

21/10/2022 11:47 pm  #8

Good news for people looking to listen to this album, but can’t seem to find a CD, it has been released on streaming!

Edit: It is currently on Spotify, Amazon Music, and Deezer, Apple Music and iTunes do not have it yet, but it is an official release from UMG so it should appear soon.

Last edited by ModernBingFan0377 (22/10/2022 12:00 am)

Every time it rains, it rains pennies from heaven.

01/1/2023 6:16 am  #9

Happy New Year everyone!

Listening to this album as a way to end off the last year and start this new one, most of the tracks are ideally suited for that purpose it seems.

Every time it rains, it rains pennies from heaven.

Board footera