09/8/2016 4:14 pm  #1

The Road to Minnesota, by Bing & Bob, on Buster's Swinging Singles

I just wanted to alert all board members to this post on the Buster's Swinging Singles blog about a Bing & Bob record I'd never heard about (although I'm sure many of you have!)—The Road to Minnesota. The short post is very interesting, and apparently, it's possible to obtain the actual recording there. Here's the link:

http://bustersss.blogspot.com/2016/07/the-road-to-minnesota-with-bing-and-bob.html

Hope you enjoy it! It's taught me something new about Bing I didn't know!

AGF

10/8/2016 10:41 am  #2

Re: The Road to Minnesota, by Bing & Bob, on Buster's Swinging Singles

Thank you, Anton.

An interesting by-way of Bing's activities. And as you say you can download the audio (and the record cover), which is just as well as it is one of the obscurities that I did not have!

I don't think the two in the canoe are meant to be Bing and Bob. It would be in character but they've lost Dotty!

27/8/2016 7:08 am  #3

Thanks Anton, but (like another interested person named Lee) I couldn't find a way to listen to the record and clicking on the recommended link introduced me to many things bit not Bing and Bob.

27/8/2016 7:40 am  #4

Graham Pascoe wrote:

Thanks Anton, but (like another interested person named Lee) I couldn't find a way to listen to the record and clicking on the recommended link introduced me to many things bit not Bing and Bob.

The site does not stream the audio. It is for downloading. Follow the link, then look for the Mediafire link. Copy that and paste it into your browser. It will take you to the Mediafire download site. From there you can download a compressed file. You will need to decompress it and should then be able to play it. It is in Apple lossless format. 

To assist, this link will take you direct to the Mediafire site.

From there just click on the green download panel.

29/8/2016 1:41 am  #5

I check for "Bing Crosby" on ebay regularly and see the "Road To Minnesota" record often. There is another, but considerably rarer, record promoting "Oregon"  that Bing Crosby and Bob Hope are on also. They are only two of a handful of celebrities on that particular recording, but if you out to collect these offbeat contributions Bing recorded, ebay is the way to go.

15/9/2016 3:52 am  #6

If you want to learn some interesting behind-the-scenes info about the "Vacation Road To Minnesota" record, go to the "Steven Lewis' Bing Crosby Internet Museum" link, then click on "Discussion Archive" and look under 1999 and see the link for discussing this record. Also, the Oregon record I referred to above, is now on ebay as "Holiday in Oregon". I think I was wrong about Bob Hope being on that record with Bing, but it does refer to Mel Blanc and Jane Powell as on the record. It was issued by Pacific Northwest Bell.

16/9/2016 10:42 pm  #7

I have the record "Vacation Road to Minnesota". I never listened to it. Now that I have radio with record player again I will have to find it and listen to it. I can transfer it to cd too. What do Bing and Bob do on the record besides promote Minnesota? Anyway, I think Greg Van Beek gave me the record years back and I saved it.

Peace and Love! 

17/9/2016 12:14 pm  #8

His other blog has a couple of nice Bing items with very good accompanying notes.

Link here...

http://big10inchrecord.blogspot.fr/search/label/Bing%20Crosby

Board footera