12/12/2014 11:37 pm  #1

Looking for these albums on cd

Harry Lillis cd, Anything Goes, How the West Was Won, 101 Gang Songs,  On the Happy Side, I Wish You a Merry Christmas, America I Hear You Singing, Robin AND the Seven Hoods[ too much money on ebay], 12 Songs of Christmas, Thoroughly Modern Bing, Hey Jde, Hey Bing[ have a bad cassette copy],  A Time to be Jolly, At My Time of Life, Bingo Veijo and Tom Sawyer. Any help would be appreciated! Carmela

Peace and Love! 

13/12/2014 8:12 am  #3

Re: Looking for these albums on cd

And http://www.amazon.com/America-I-Hear-You-Singing/dp/B003H695HI/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1418458109&sr=1-1&keywords=america+i+hear+you+singing

for "America I Hear You Singing"

Not currently available from Amazon itself but listed by several "partners" and shown as MP3 downloads

Astonishing prices quoted for "Robin & the 7 Hoods". Opportunistic. Just needs a reissue to spike their guns.

13/12/2014 8:15 am  #4

One of the reviewers on the Amazon site appears to have confused it with the film soundtrack!  (Even a "verified purchaser"). Same inspiration, different music. 

13/12/2014 8:28 pm  #5

I am afraid that the reason why the How the West Was Won CD is so expensive in the U.S. is that it is an import from the excellent German reissue company Bear Family, whose product is always top-notch quality, but consequently comes along with a rather hefty price. They reissue country, rockabilly, pop, jazz, and German Tanzorchester, and I have several of their releases, which are all very well done, with perfect sound and very interesting liner notes. However, in the case of West there's a third-party seller on Amazon that's offering it for about $12, and that's not a bad price at all...

13/12/2014 8:43 pm  #6

As far as I am aware, On the Happy Side and Bingo Viejo have never been released on CD. It'd be very nice if they gave the BCE treatment to the latter, which I only have on vinyl.

As for Hey Jude Hey Bing, it's been released on a CD-R, and it looks like the sound is not the best, so I've never bought it.

Thoroughly Modern Bing is another one that, to my knowledge, has never been issued on CD, though I could be wrong about this.

As Richard says, America I Hear You Singing is not available from Amazon itself but can be bought through third-party sellers. The reason for that is that it's a European CD reissue that was not released in the United States.

Last edited by Anton G.-F. (14/12/2014 2:18 pm)

13/12/2014 9:55 pm  #7

Anton G.-F. wrote:

Thoroughly Modern Bing is another one that, to my knowledge, has never been issued on CD, though I could be wrong about this.

All but one of the songs from "Thoroughly Modern Bing" were on a Laserlight CD named "A Visit To The Movies" issued in 1991 and with a different omission on a  Pickwick CD named "Bing At His Best", issued in 1997.

I think that both would be hard to come by now, and as I say both omitted one track.
("I Call You Sunshine" was missing from the Laserlight CD and "Love Is Blue" from the Pickwick).

Very odd that the overtly American patriotic "America, I Hear You Singing" was issued in Europe, though it is an "official" release from the UMG group.

14/12/2014 2:17 pm  #8

Richard,

Thank you so much for the information about A Visit to the Movies, which is a CD I'd never encountered before. It's actually pretty easy to find on Amazon U.S., so I went ahead and ordered a copy for my collection. Pickwick's At His Best is also rather easy to come by on that same website, so I've also ordered it so that I could have all the songs. Thanks again! 

15/12/2014 2:20 am  #9

I have most of the albums on CD - except for the Tom Sawyer album.

I have never even see a copy of that one!

16/12/2014 7:51 pm  #10

The "A Time To Be Jolly" LP was issued in this version, with a different track order:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000047KL/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_9?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=AUUIDHOHGLYSY

Zane Johnson

Board footera