31/1/2023 6:05 pm  #1

“A Valentine From Bing” - Streaming Album

This album is currently being advertised by the Bing social medias, no track listing yet, but it will be coming out on streaming on Friday or Saturday (depending on which post from the Bing social media you believe).

Will update as its updated.

Every time it rains, it rains pennies from heaven.

03/2/2023 5:44 am  #2

Re: “A Valentine From Bing” - Streaming Album

Here’s the track listing;

My Funny Valentine
Don’t Take Your Love From Me
I’m Confessin’
Deed I Do
Anyone Can Fall In Love
Wake The Town And Tell The People
Unsuspecting Heart
Love Is The Sweetest Thing
Try A Little Tenderness
That’s The Way Love Goes
Someone You Love
Pledging My Love
Born To Be With You
No, Not Much
I’m A Fool To Care
If I Give My Heart To You
Unchained Melody
Goodnight, Sweet Dreams, Mary Lou
I’ve Grown Accustomed To Her Face
Dream A Little Dream Of Me

First full release by the estate in conjunction with Primary Wave.

06/2/2023 10:12 pm  #3

Listening to this now and most of the tracks, I believe, are on the Mosaic box set. The Bing Crosby CBS Radio Recordings 1954-56. [/url] "Pledging My Love" & "Dream A Little Dream Of Me" I believe both appear on [url=https://www.discogs.com/release/3633374-Bing-Crosby-So-Rare-Treasures-From-The-Crosby-Archive]So Rare: Treasures From The Crosby Archive and "Born To Be With You" is on the digital album With All My Heart.

At least these are the albums that I have the tracks on already. I think if you don't own the CBS Boxset and have no plans on purchasing, this is a nice package as it offers you 17 tracks that from that collection. 

06/2/2023 11:53 pm  #4

It is an especially nice package considering said Mosiac box isn’t on streaming, so now new listeners can get acquainted with some of those recordings.

Here’s just a bit more comprehensive tracing of what has been available before for referencing if need be.

My Funny Valentine*+=
Don’t Take Your Love From Me*=
I’m Confessin’* (Also available on various releases of the New Tricks album)
Deed I Do*+=
Anyone Can Fall In Love*=
Wake The Town And Tell The People*=
Unsuspecting Heart*=
Love Is The Sweetest Thing*+=
Try A Little Tenderness*+=
That’s The Way Love Goes*=
Someone You Love*=
Pledging My Love (Available on the So Rare album)
Born To Be With You (Available on With All My Heart)
No, Not Much*=
I’m A Fool To Care*=
If I Give My Heart To You*=
Unchained Melody*+=
Goodnight, Sweet Dreams, Mary Lou*=
I’ve Grown Accustomed To Her Face*+=
Dream A Little Dream Of Me (Available on the Among My Souvenirs set)

* Can be found on the Mosiac set
+ Has overdub(s)
= New to streaming by official means

16 tracks brand new to streaming ain’t bad for a release like this. I wonder if those Barnes/Moore overdubs will ever get a streaming release, some are very well done I feel.

09/2/2023 4:37 pm  #5

“ Bing Crosby sets his sights on Valentine’s Day, pulling back Cupid’s bow to deliver a new 20-track album, A Valentine From Bing, out now through Primary Wave via Green Hill/Virgin distribution.
One of the 20th century’s greatest multi-media stars, Crosby was integral in the development of audio recordings, motion pictures, and radio broadcasting — a legacy carried on today through his Estate and Primary Wave, which continue to grow his presence using new technology to reach new audiences.

The perfect soundtrack for the next big rom-com, A Valentine from Bing delivers timeless tunes for any occasion, whether listeners are celebrating Valentine’s Day or just craving some classic crooning. 15 of the album’s 20 tracks have never before been released to DSPs and are now available to stream for the first time.

The Crosby Estate marks the occasion with some bonus love in the form of a music video for “Dream A Little Dream Of Me,” out today, featuring vintage family photos of Bing and his beloved wife Kathryn Crosby.

“Seeing those photos of me and Bing so beautifully put together brings back wonderful memories of a very special time,” says Kathryn. “He’s still my Valentine.”

SiriusXM will run a limited time “Valentine’s Day Special” episode from Feb. 11 – Feb. 25 as a part of “Crosby’s Corner,” Bing’s Weekly show on SXM’s 40’s Junction Channel (CH71). The special  will premiere on CH 71 on  Sat. 2/11 5pm ET, with encores 2/12 8pm ET, and Valentine’s Day 2/14 at Noon ET. The episode will also be available to stream on the SXM App from Feb. 11 – Feb. 25.

Crosby’s next album, Bing Crosby’s Irish Songbook, a collection of unreleased Irish Folk songs, is slated for release on March 10th leading into the St. Patrick’s Day holiday.

A Valentine From Bing track listing:
1. My Funny Valentine
2. Don’t Take Your Love Away From Me
3. I’m Confessin That I Love You
4. ‘Deed I Do
5. Anyone Can Fall In Love
6. Wake The Town And Tell The People
7. Unsuspecting Heart
8. Love Is The Sweetest Thing
9. Try A Little Tenderness
10. That’s The Way Love Goes
11. Someone You Love
12. Pledging My Love
13. Born To Be With You
14. No, Not Much
15. I’m A Fool To Care
16. If I Give My Heart To You
17. Unchained Melody
18. Goodnight, Sweet Dreams, Mary Lou
19. I’ve Grown Accustomed To Her Face
20. Dream A Little Dream Of Me”

Here is Primary Wave’s press release for the album, interestingly they note that a new album of unreleased Irish songs will be coming next month!

14/2/2023 5:39 pm  #6

I applaud that this album may interest younger audience, but I would love the opportunity to download the songs to create my own CD of the album. I am still one of the dinosaurs that like a physical album from time to time.

Board footera