31/1/2023 2:04 pm  #1

Bing Crosby Movies You Have Never Seen

How many movies have you not seen? Just this past month I watched "Here Is My Heart" for the first time, but here are the Bing movies that I have never seen completely (from beginning to end):

1. Too Much Harmony
2. Anything Goes (1936)
3. Paris Honeymoon
4. Out Of This World - Bing's voice was just used
5. Say One For Me

31/1/2023 6:01 pm  #2

Re: Bing Crosby Movies You Have Never Seen

The only of his lead starring role movies I haven’t seen is Say One For Me, every other of his starring movies I’ve seen.

Every time it rains, it rains pennies from heaven.

02/2/2023 4:00 pm  #3

Back in the 90's, I got all Bing's old 30's movies from a old fan who had recorded them on to tape. The only ones you could find on VHS in the store at that time was Going Hollywood, We're Not Dressing and a few others. Anyway,  I love those 30's films. Love the songs, Bing so young and Handsome! And Bing's voice! Out of all Bing's movies the only ones I can't watch are Say One for Me and High Time! Don't like those 2! I finally got Stagecoach on Blu Ray. The last blu ray one I needed. I really enjoyed it! The picture and sound are so much better!

03/2/2023 4:05 am  #4

Compared to years gone by, it’s relatively easy to have seen most of Bing’s movies these days. Still, some have eluded me…

I don’t ever recall seeing 1938’s ‘Doctor Rhythm’, and have also never seen ‘Say One for Me’.

The 1967 made for TV movie, ‘The Demon Under the Bed’ is another. Actually, I think only those who watched when it originally aired will ever have seen it!

And finally, there’s ‘Cinerama’s Russian Adventure’, narrated by Bing in 1966. There’s a trailer for it on youtube

Trailer for "Cinerama's Russian Adventure" with new 3-panel elements - YouTube 

I look forward to discovering more Bing movies others haven’t seen…

04/2/2023 3:58 am  #5

That's an interesting question, one which I'd not thought about before. The only feature film in which Bing had a significant part which I've not seen is Say One For Me. I don't know why I missed it because it was shown on TV in Australia six times from 1968 to 1979. My research suggests that several were never shown on free-to-air TV here: King of Jazz, Too Much Harmony, Going Hollywood and Two for Tonight.

06/2/2023 9:43 pm  #6

It would be easier to compile a list of the ones I have been able to find and watch!

06/3/2023 8:16 pm  #7

Ron1972 wrote:

It would be easier to compile a list of the ones I have been able to find and watch!

I lucked out and a collector sent me most of the movies on DVD. My problem is those copies don't work in all the DVD players now. 

Board footera