15/11/2022 6:24 pm  #1

Jerry's Records in Pittsburgh

Today I was off from work so I made a journey to the best record store in Pittsburgh - Jerry's Records. They have a HUGE Bing Crosby LP inventory. My video doesn't do it justice...

15/11/2022 9:02 pm  #2

Re: Jerry's Records in Pittsburgh

Yeah I wanted to film more but I didn't want to draw attention to myself. The video didn't do it justice. I spent most of my time in the big band/jazz room. On my next visit I'll take a better video of the Bing records

15/11/2022 9:03 pm  #3

Yeah I wanted to film more but I didn't want to draw attention to myself. The video didn't do it justice. I spent most of my time in the big band/jazz room. On my next visit I'll take a better video of the Bing records

17/11/2022 2:40 am  #4

Archiefit wrote:

Ohh, and going up those rickety old steps was pretty spooky too.  LIke traveling back to another time.  Great old building just helps to add the feeling of an old record store.  Can't imagine that feeling in a big warehouse type building like a Sam's Club.  Feeling just ain't the same.

I like going to record stores a couple times a year, but the greatest feeling when I was collecting records more is when I was younger and used to go to the flea market with my grandparents. You never knew what you would come across there. Now music is more at your finger tips, but there's nothing like vinyl!

23/11/2022 5:33 am  #5

That was an interesting video David. I live in Bathurst, a town of about 40,000 people about 130 miles west of Sydney. Our only record shop closed this year but there are some charity not-for-profit shops which sell second-hand records and CDs, among other things. My own collection is mostly CDs but includes a few dozen LPs, some of which are Bing's.

Board footera