30/10/2022 8:32 pm  #1

Hey There - November 18, 1954

Bing never recorded this one, but his friends Rosemary Clooney and Sammy Davis Jr did. Such a pity that Bing didn't, but he did sing it on his CBS radio show on November 18,1954. Other than the backing of Buddy Cole, I think it was a pretty good effort...

04/11/2022 6:44 am  #2

Re: Hey There - November 18, 1954

The song suited Rosemary's voice. I've not heard Sammy Davis Jr's version and David, I agree that the early part of the accompaniment does nothing to enhance the performance.

04/11/2022 11:57 am  #3

Graham Pascoe wrote:

The song suited Rosemary's voice. I've not heard Sammy Davis Jr's version and David, I agree that the early part of the accompaniment does nothing to enhance the performance.

The song is not my favorite song either - although I don't have a reason for not liking it. Bing did a good job, but I am always tough on Buddy Cole!

04/11/2022 12:41 pm  #4

Archiefit wrote:

I remember seeing Sammy on TV singing this song.  But, yes, Rosemary had the definitive version.  Bing's version here though is very pleasant to the ear.  Now where is that orchestrated replacement version when you need it?

I think I like Sammy Davis's version better than Rosemary Clooney. I'm one of the strange Bing fans that does not love Rosemary Clooney 100%. She's a good singer but not my favorite singer!

Board footera