07/7/2022 7:26 pm  #26

Re: BING CROSBY: THE HOLLYWOOD YEARS

Episode 13:

11/7/2022 1:59 pm  #27

A great series!

11/7/2022 8:15 pm  #28

David Duncan should receive the equivalent of an Emmy for these broadcasts!

11/7/2022 8:16 pm  #29

By the way, here is episode 14!

11/7/2022 8:20 pm  #30

Hi all and thank you so much for your kind comments on the series. I’m glad you’re enjoying them as much as I have making them. I’m currently putting together 1949 which I will upload for viewing on Sunday 31st July. I will then embark on producing series 3 which will cover the 1950s. I may ask some advise from everyone about this shortly. Also sorry it’s taken me so long to be a part of this site. Believe it or not but I hadn’t heard about it until recently reading about it in the Crosby magazine. I need to pay more attention to what’s going on! Anyway look forward to chatting to everyone shortly. 
cheers,

Dave Duncan

11/7/2022 10:00 pm  #31

WELCOME, Mr Duncan. Thank you so much for these perfect programmes. Your meticulous research, sky high presentation skills and editing make each of these such an entertaining and informative viewing joy. It so much reminds me of the high quality short documentaries the BBC used to produce, giving their subjects the air to breathe without any self conscious flashy editing, camera trickery or gratuitous, ill chosen and distracting background music.

I am going to shut up, now as I do not wish my effusiveness to scare you away - so soon after joining.

11/7/2022 10:45 pm  #32

Hi Ian I’m very grateful for the positive feedback. When doing these things you can only hope that they are entertaining and it’s nice to hear I’m on the right track. All the best and hope to chat soon about more things Bing. 

12/7/2022 12:15 pm  #33

dgmprod wrote:

Hi all and thank you so much for your kind comments on the series. I’m glad you’re enjoying them as much as I have making them. I’m currently putting together 1949 which I will upload for viewing on Sunday 31st July. I will then embark on producing series 3 which will cover the 1950s. I may ask some advise from everyone about this shortly. Also sorry it’s taken me so long to be a part of this site. Believe it or not but I hadn’t heard about it until recently reading about it in the Crosby magazine. I need to pay more attention to what’s going on! Anyway look forward to chatting to everyone shortly. 
cheers,

Dave Duncan

I've been sharing your documentary everywhere possible - on here, on my Bing Crosby blog, on my facebook group. As a Bing Crosby fan, your series is a must!

12/7/2022 12:47 pm  #34

Yes - and thank YOU David!!!!!!!
If it wasn't for you, I would not have known of these wonderful programmes.

12/7/2022 9:30 pm  #35

Hi all,
I was thinking that some of you may be thinking why I didn’t cover 1932 in the Hollywood series and the reason is i featured The Big Broadcast in my previous series “The Golden Years of Hollywood”. It was due to it being the most watched segment in that series that I decided to do the series on Bing. For those who haven’t seen it and would like to, I’ve posted the link here:
https://youtu.be/QsTP7J2X7u0

15/7/2022 9:38 am  #36

Lobosco wrote:

By the way, here is episode 14!

Belated thanks, Mr Lobosco!
Without you and this board, I would never have come across this incredible (and joyfully!), increasing series. 

17/7/2022 4:19 pm  #37

17/7/2022 5:12 pm  #38

Good grief! They're pouring in like liquid gold.
Thank you, Malcolm. I hope you're managing to remain cool under these ever warmer temperatures. 

18/7/2022 9:00 am  #39

Yes thank you David for spreading the word. Much appreciated. The nice thing with posting these is unlike a normal TV show which is broadcast once then disappears, these will be available to view for an unlimited amount of time so old and new Crosby fans can watch them well into the future. 
Cheers,
Dave Duncan

25/7/2022 4:35 pm  #40

Episode 16!

06/8/2022 5:51 am  #41

Hi all. Here’s the link to the final episode of series 2 that looks at 1949. Thanks for watching. Now I have to get to work on series 3 which hopefully will coincide with the anniversary of Bing’s passing. 
https://youtu.be/TZAkzwwi3WY

06/8/2022 3:50 pm  #42

Dave,
You're just the gift that keeps on giving!!!!!!
Thank you SO much for these continuing gems.

26/10/2022 8:37 am  #43

Hi all just letting you know that if you’re interested the first episode of series three in my series on Bing which deals with 1950 will be available to view from this Sunday 30th October 3pm Sydney Australia time. 
Cheers, Dave Duncan. 

03/11/2022 11:26 am  #44

New episodes!

04/11/2022 7:01 am  #45

David has done us another service with this wonderful episode which reminded me of how well Bing's vocals contributed to the (sometimes ordinary) stories.

07/11/2022 12:44 pm  #46

Episode 19 - hot off the presses!

07/11/2022 12:58 pm  #47

Good grief! How does he do it?????

14/11/2022 12:41 pm  #48

Episode 20...

29/11/2022 4:01 pm  #49

I'm a little bit behind...