23/1/2022 3:04 pm  #1

Songs From Mr. Music

I recently re-watched the 1950 film Mr. Music, and it was a really good film that is not really remembered today. The songs were enjoyable and Bing was in fine voice in the Decca recordings he made of the songs...

23/1/2022 3:04 pm  #2

Re: Songs From Mr. Music

23/1/2022 3:05 pm  #3

On the Decca Recordings of the songs, the Andrews Sisters even joined Bing on two of the songs. Here's one of them:

13/3/2022 6:53 am  #4

Lobosco wrote:

On the Decca Recordings of the songs, the Andrews Sisters even joined Bing on two of the songs. Here's one of them:

This one is just so liltingly beautiful, David. Thank you. First time I've heard this. It's so nice to hear the sisters performing a ballad with Bing. I'm sure there will be many but the only other one which immediately springs to my excuse of a memory is, "I Can Dream, Can't I" from one of the old radio show compilations. The rest I'm familiar with are usually the superbly invigorating "Pistol Packin' Momma" type-affairs, although would perhaps "Don't Fence Me In" be counted as almost a "rhythm ballad" (whatever one of those are)? I've never seen Mr Music. I would love to as it's on my long list of unseen Bing films. I take it it's quite a jolly light affair? I'm a Groucho/Marx Brothers fan, too and I believe Groucho has either a supporting role in this or a song cameo? I've checked on Amazon UK and Ebay and no DVD copies are immediately apparent. Any ideas, sir? 

Last edited by Ian Kerstein (13/3/2022 1:53 pm)

13/3/2022 9:55 am  #5

You can see the Bing and Groucho duet in Mr. Music on YouTube at
Bing Sings "Life Is So Peculiar" - YouTube

13/3/2022 1:47 pm  #6

Oh thanks, Malcolm. That was terrific. I've heard Bing with Groucho on a couple of radio clips but have never seen them together. Loved their harmonising and comedy interplay.

Board footera