21/2/2022 2:01 pm  #1

Who is your favorite leading lady that starred with Bing in the 1950s?

The 1940s poll is still open, and thanks for all who voted, but I figured I would start this one. Who is your favorite Bing Crosby leading lady from the 1950s? (I did not include Say One For Me, because even though he starred with Debbie Reynolds in the movie, he did not really have a leading lady persay)...

Have fun and cast your ballot!

Who is your favorite leading lady of the 1950s?

21/2/2022 2:01 pm  #2

Re: Who is your favorite leading lady that starred with Bing in the 1950s?

My choice is Jane Wyman. I loved the chemistry Bing and Jane had!

01/3/2022 6:09 am  #3

Questions / Was Grace Kelly dubbed on 'True Love'  ? / 

Also : Nancy Olsen- 'High Tor 'was a TV venture, not a movie release, unless it had been released as a film in different countries ? ? Thank you /

01/3/2022 7:37 am  #4

No, Grace Kelly was not dubbed in "High Society". "High Tor" has not been released as a film in different countries.

02/3/2022 1:28 pm  #5

So far it is close - Jane Wyman and Grace Kelly are running a close race. Don't forget to vote!

04/3/2022 12:40 pm  #6

Archiefit wrote:

Some of the most enjoyable ladies that played with Bing that I enjoyed more than the list of women above are Ethel Barrymore (Just For You) & Alexis Smith (Here Comes The Groom) and though she's from the late '40's Wanda Hendrix (Welcome Stranger).   I found those womenfolk more fun and at ease with Bing than this list.   Though I did choose Colleen Gray as my de-facto winner of only the ladies on the list.   She was also very good with Bing and you felt for her more than the others listed.

Yes, some of the supporting actresses really worked well with Bing. Bing seemed to have more fun with them! I wish Alexis Smith and Bing had made a movie together. Anyone is better than Jeanmarie in Anything Goes. I think she was one of the worst leading ladies Bing starred with.

07/3/2022 6:26 am  #7

Different movie, different character.
Dottie was always good value but I liked Jane and Coleen and Grace and Joan Bennett and Joan Blondell.

08/3/2022 7:35 pm  #8

Jane Wyman still in the lead. Any more votes?

Should I do one on the 1930s? 

09/3/2022 8:05 am  #9

I think, you really should, it would be very interesting.))

There are quite a lot of beautiful and I dare to say, even extraordinary, leading ladies who starred with Bing in 1930s to choose from.
It sure would not be easy to pick one, but I'd give it a shot.))

10/3/2022 2:32 pm  #10

Tom Joe Mortel wrote:

I think, you really should, it would be very interesting.))

There are quite a lot of beautiful and I dare to say, even extraordinary, leading ladies who starred with Bing in 1930s to choose from.
It sure would not be easy to pick one, but I'd give it a shot.))

Sounds good. I'll create that one next. The 1940s poll had 17 votes, and this 1950s poll is only up to 10 votes, so I hope more people will vote. I may do a final poll on leading ladies overall.

23/3/2022 8:42 pm  #11

Lobosco wrote:

So far it is close - Jane Wyman and Grace Kelly are running a close race. Don't forget to vote!

It looks as if the voting is closed, so I'll carefully place my ballot paper marked for Jane Wyman beside the box. I'd only seen her in strictly dramatic parts prior to Bing - and found her a complete natural alongside him - with such playful, warm chemistry. 

28/3/2022 5:44 am  #12

I'd have voted for Jane Wyman.

Board footera