23/2/2022 7:12 am  #1

Bing and Peggy Lee on television

Thanks to Bing magazine I've obtained (on loan) a copy of Tish Oney's book Peggy Lee: A Century of Song. I had no idea that Peggy Lee had such a long and varied career. It notes that she sang some duets with Bing on TV shows:The Bing Crosby Show for Oldsmobile (29 Sept. 1959) and The Hollywood Palace (13 Jan, 1968). Is it possible to see them on Youtube?

23/2/2022 9:35 am  #2

Re: Bing and Peggy Lee on television

Graham, there will be a review of the book in the spring issue of BING magazine due out next month. Re YouTube, search against "Bing Crosby Peggy Lee" and you'll see what you are seeking.

23/2/2022 12:33 pm  #3

In the 1950s, everyone remembers Bing and Rosemary Clooney singing together - but every recording that Bing and Peggy Lee made were magical together. I wish they would have done an album together!

23/3/2022 3:07 pm  #4

Lobosco wrote:

In the 1950s, everyone remembers Bing and Rosemary Clooney singing together - but every recording that Bing and Peggy Lee made were magical together. I wish they would have done an album together!

That would have been wonderful. With Peggy being with Capital for many years and Bing more or less freelancing after Decca - contractually at least, I would have thought it more than feasible? At least due to contractual rumblings (but at the cost of Rosie and Dottie) by default, we have Peggy with Bing on the "White Christmas" soundtrack album and the "Road to Bali" sides she cut with both Bing and Bob. Plus thankfully, those radio duets. Does anyone know of any other reason this never happened?

Board footera