08/2/2022 9:49 pm  #1

Blooper & Rejected Takes

A friend requested some Bing Crosby blooper takes, so I gladly dug out some!

Last edited by Lobosco (09/2/2022 3:24 am)

08/2/2022 9:49 pm  #2

Re: Blooper & Rejected Takes

08/2/2022 9:50 pm  #3

17/2/2022 12:41 pm  #4

Archiefit wrote:

I remember many of those Bing blooper albums that I bought back in the '70's and '80's.  I still have them as I can't throw away anything Bing but I have since transferred them to CD.   Have to admit though I don't listen to them much.

I'm like you. Many of these I haven't listened to for years. I dig them out every 4 years like leap year or the olympics!

23/2/2022 6:47 am  #5

Thanks David. They  remind us that things don't always go to plan in the studio but I suppose the scope for editing has made bloopers less likely to be saved nowadays.

23/2/2022 12:31 pm  #6

Graham Pascoe wrote:

Thanks David. They  remind us that things don't always go to plan in the studio but I suppose the scope for editing has made bloopers less likely to be saved nowadays.

I really like how Bing was light hearted about most of these bloopers. It showed he had a real sense of humor.

23/4/2022 4:23 am  #7

Thank you, David. I'm enjoying these for the very first time. Outtake wise, I've only so far heard the wonderful, "Jingle Bells" one with the Andrews Sisters and then some later fluffs from the seventies with Ken Barnes. I always begin by anticipating the mistakes and then after hearing one or two, give up and then just relax and listen as I would normally. 

23/4/2022 4:24 am  #8

Archiefit wrote:

I remember many of those Bing blooper albums that I bought back in the '70's and '80's.  I still have them as I can't throw away anything Bing but I have since transferred them to CD.   Have to admit though I don't listen to them much.

Those I would love to own. Are any still available or on CD?

23/4/2022 4:35 am  #9

Graham Pascoe wrote:

That's a great point, Graham. I didn't consider that in these digital days of immediate deletion, so much can be immediately dispensed with. Is reel to reel tape still used for recording purposes? Does anyone have a favourite outtake or any others that could be recommended? 

27/4/2022 12:38 pm  #10

Ian Kerstein wrote:

Archiefit wrote:

I made up a CD of all of them I have been able to find through the years. I'd be happy to make you a copy.

27/4/2022 6:07 pm  #11

Lobosco wrote:

Ian Kerstein wrote:

Archiefit wrote:

I made up a CD of all of them I have been able to find through the years. I'd be happy to make you a copy.

Oh wow! That sounds beyond wonderful, David! Thank you very, very much indeed. I'll just have some dinner ("Home Cookin'"!) and then shall I privately message you? Coincidentally, I have just taken delivery, today of a lovely second hand copy (via Discogs) of the triple Bing CD box set of "The Complete United Artists Sessions", which features those seventies outtakes I previously mentioned. Blooper Bing is certainly on the current agenda!

Last edited by Ian Kerstein (27/4/2022 6:09 pm)

Board footera