12/10/2021 11:10 pm  #1

Movie Of A Month Club

Way back when we had a forum on Steve Lewis' board, I believe Jim Kukura started a movie of the month club - where we pick a movie and watch it and then come back to the forum to talk about. Would anyone be interested in starting that up?

Speak up if interested!

Last edited by Lobosco (12/10/2021 11:10 pm)

15/10/2021 12:03 am  #2

Re: Movie Of A Month Club

Archiefit wrote:

Yes, if you remember I used to host those movie of the month postings on Lewis' board.    I'd pick a movie that we'd all watch then the idea is that people would write their reactions.   Well, it started out pretty good with people participating but after a few months it was like pulling teeth to get people to speak.  So I believe I carried on for about 2 years picking monthly movies to talk about before I finally gave up the ghost.  

But the good thing about it was that, if you participated, you got to see Bing movies you may not have seen in a long time.   I remember seeing movies I had only seen once before.   Actually today it would be easier for Bing fans to watch Bing movies as most now are all available on DVD at least.   Back then we'd rely on tapes we either bought from other Bing collectors  or Bing movies we recorded ourselves off TV.   Least that was my story.   I had every movie on tape but I remember a lot of people back then didn't have the movies.  Today with available DVDs it might be a different story.

Aw yes I remember it well! Is anyone interested in doing this other than Archiefit and myself?

15/10/2021 7:56 am  #3

I'd be happy to join in. Why don't you suggest a movie, David, and see if you get any reactions other than you, me and archiefit..?

15/10/2021 11:34 am  #4

jeremyrose wrote:

I'd be happy to join in. Why don't you suggest a movie, David, and see if you get any reactions other than you, me and archiefit..?

Sounds good how about The Emperor Waltz. I was thinking about that one since it came out on BluRay

16/10/2021 3:23 am  #5

I quite like The Emperor Waltz, it's one of my favorite Bing movies for no particular reason, but I really enjoy it.

Every time it rains, it rains pennies from heaven.

17/10/2021 2:37 am  #6

I think that's a really good idea.
It's always interesting to talk about Bing's movies, so I'd be happy to join in too.

18/10/2021 1:36 pm  #7

I'll start a separate thread to dedicate to the movie reviews!

Board footera