11/10/2021 12:38 pm  #1

The Emperor Waltz on Blu Ray

Not Bing's best effort, but The Emperor Waltz is on Blu Ray. I bought it right away because I made the mistake of not buying High Time when it came out on Blu Ray and now I can not find it anywhere!

https://bingfan03.blogspot.com/2021/09/coming-soon-emperor-waltz-on-blu-ray.html

11/10/2021 4:07 pm  #2

Re: The Emperor Waltz on Blu Ray

I bought it too, although I really enjoy this movie. The blu-ray is very nice, hopefully we’ll see more of them from Kino Lorber.

Every time it rains, it rains pennies from heaven.

11/10/2021 4:31 pm  #3

ModernBingFan0377 wrote:

I bought it too, although I really enjoy this movie. The blu-ray is very nice, hopefully we’ll see more of them from Kino Lorber.

I agree. The print looked really great! I would like to Mr. Music on Blu Ray. I think that is a really underrated film.

12/10/2021 9:01 am  #4

The Emperor Waltz was also released on bluray in France - you can see it for instance on Amazon.fr if you like. It would be interesting to see a comparison of the American and French releases.

12/10/2021 2:00 pm  #5

Archiefit wrote:

And Mr. Music really needs a release as it has never been on DVD or Blu Ray.  I still have not bought a blu ray player as I'm happy with DVD quality of the movies.  I love my Emperor Waltz DVD.   By the way, Twilight Time (the company that put out High Time) went out of business, that's why you can't find it anymore.   Unfortunately for me too as Twilight Time ONLY released that movie in blu ray so I never bought it either.    In fact the only blu ray disc I have bought is Bing's Holiday Inn the version that contains both b/w and the really nice colorized version.   I thought I'd better buy it because they're probably going to stop selling the beautiful color version.  I still can't see it but at least I have it in case the day ever comes I buy a blu ray.

Our old DVD player in the living room broke during Covid so I bought a Blu-Ray. The colorized version of Holiday Inn is STUNNING! The Emperor Waltz version is equally good. What I have discovered with Blu-Ray is that modern movies look the same from DVD and Blu-Ray. However, the classic movies look worlds apart on Blu-Ray. I recently bought Easter Parade and BluRay and that looks great as well.

I did find a copy of High Time on BluRay for....$200. NO THANK YOU! I'll stick to my bootlegged DVD copy.

Board footera