11/10/2021 1:23 pm  #1

Bing Crosby Estate Sells Estate Rights

I am not sure how I feel about the Estate selling off the rights to Bing Crosby, but if it helps to get Bing's name and voice out there more, I am okay with it....

https://bingfan03.blogspot.com/2021/10/bing-crosby-estate-sell-estate-rights.html

11/10/2021 4:08 pm  #2

Re: Bing Crosby Estate Sells Estate Rights

I am somewhat skeptical too, however if he can reach a larger audience and get more music onto streaming platforms, it may lead to a sort of Bing renaissance, with more CD releases and the like.

Every time it rains, it rains pennies from heaven.

11/10/2021 4:32 pm  #3

ModernBingFan0377 wrote:

I am somewhat skeptical too, however if he can reach a larger audience and get more music onto streaming platforms, it may lead to a sort of Bing renaissance, with more CD releases and the like.

Yeah I do not think it will hurt Bing, but I wish this would have been done in the 1990s and not 2020s.

11/10/2021 4:52 pm  #4

I do too, especially because of the CD front, but who knows, this could really be the starting point of Bing becoming as popular as Sinatra is now, although I kind of doubt that, it would be nice.

11/10/2021 7:04 pm  #5

Here is what Primary Wave themselves have to say on the matter;

"In this partnership with the estate, Primary Wave has acquired a stake in the assets owned by HLC Properties Ltd, the company owned by the Crosby Estate. This includes the Bing Crosby Archives featuring thousands of recordings by Bing and other artists, many have which have never been released. Terms of the deal also include artist royalties from master recordings featuring Bing’s performances, writer royalties from songs written by Bing, his rights in the film White Christmas, as well as other film, radio, and television productions. In addition, Primary Wave has acquired a stake in his name, likeness, and rights of publicity. The Estate will now have access to Primary Wave’s entire marketing team, digital team, publicity department, branding team, and publishing infrastructure which includes licensing and synch opportunities.“We couldn’t be more excited about this partnership with Primary Wave. Going into our first meeting, our goal was to find a partner who believed in the vast life that he led, and we know Primary Wave will continue to sustain the legacy of dad.” said the family of Bing Crosby in a joint statement.“Bing Crosby was one of the most influential stars of the 20th century and few could match his success over 4 decades beginning in the 1930s,” says Larry Mestel, CEO & Founder of Primary Wave Music. He continues, “Our team can’t wait to dive into our partnership with Harry Crosby, Robert Bader and the Crosby family to help reintroduce Bing’s music and legacy to the world.”"

I don't if this helps my confidence any, but it's nice to see.

https://primarywave.com/primary-wave-music-announces-partnership-with-the-estate-of-bing-crosby/

12/10/2021 3:18 am  #6

I doubt the TV series will release, although it wouldn't surprise me if more of Bing's catalog is put on streaming, with maybe some new CD releases. I'm just going off the track record of Primary Wave's Olivia Newton John reissues.

12/10/2021 8:58 am  #7

What interesting news! In my opinion, Bing's music has already never been easier or cheaper to access (if you are prepared to use today's digital streaming platforms) - the challenge and perhaps the focus of this company will be geared towards getting Bing a higher profile with younger generations. But maybe we will get a few CD's and Blurays/DVD's as well; who knows.

12/10/2021 2:01 pm  #8

Fingers crossed!

Board footera