New members are ALWAYS welcomed. If you are having any problems signing up or logging into the board, please contact me at davidlobosco@yahoo.com.
THE "RENT" FOR THIS BOARD HAS NOW BEEN PAID THROUGH October 22, 2026.
Offline

The first show I was able to track down the source of, the 1949 Chesterfield Ethel Barrymore show. The second show says it’s from 1950 and 51, and it features the Crosby kids with Judy Garland, is this an edit of 2 broadcasts or...?
Offline

To some extent I suspect your confusion might arise because of the fact that the songs were used repeatedly in Christmas shows over successive years and a few might have actually been the same recordings.
The shows on the records (and there were several issues - see the list here ).
were drawn from the two shows of 14th December 1949 and 19th December 1951, though edited.
It may be that a few of the songs originated from other earlier shows.
Go the the discography here
and the radio show listing here
for full details with the record issues shown for the shows and individual songs.
Either scroll down to the dates or search on AMERICAN RETROSPECTIVES.
Ethel Barrymore was in the show on 21st December 1949 which does not feature on the record.
.
Offline

The Ethel Barrymore show does feature on the release I have I was just recording it onto my computer, although it does seem slightly edited. Although I was asking about the second show as it seems mashed up between shows, with the December 6th 1950 broadcast seems to be possibly mixed with the December 20th 1950 broadcast, but I’m not so sure.
Offline

For clarification the version I have has the December 21st, 1949 shows on side one, and then side two is what I thought possibly above.
Offline

That’s a coincidence since my first Bing LP was a double feature of The Small One and The Happy Prince.