25/6/2020 9:16 am  #1

Color Rhapsody, with Bing Crosby

I know there are many cartoons which feature Bing Crosby, reflecting his popularity. This is one though that I haven't seen before. It's from Columbia Pictures and made in 1939. You see Bing for a short moment at 2m28s:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpULHdUFPPU

There's an informative article on the video page; I'll reproduce it below if I may:
"A Father is doing paperwork when he is interrupted by his baby girl Baby Snooks asking questions, her father gets annoyed and tells her the story of Mother Goose. Transition into the story, with Baby Snooks in it, all the characters are caricatures of famous Hollywood stars of the time, singing the old songs and nursing rhythms. Snooks tells them that this isn't the way to sing today, so they all start singing a jazzy swing instead. Celebrities caricatured include: Edna May Oliver, Martha Raye, George Raft, Edward G. Robinson, Claudette Colbert, James Cagney, Katharine Hepburn, Ned Sparks, Joan Crawford, Herman Bing, Shirley Temple, Hugh Herbert, Greta Garbo, Mickey Rooney, Cary Grant, Benny Goodman, Stan Laurel and Oliver Hardy, W.C. Fields, The Marx Brothers, Joe E. Brown, Bing Crosby, William Powell, John Barrymore, Jack Benny, Clark Gable, Leopold Stokowski, Fred Astaire, Ginger Rogers, Wallace Beery, May Robson, Edward Everett Horton, Akim Tamiroff, Kay Francis, Tyrone Power, Robert Taylor, Jeanette MacDonald and Nelson Eddy.
The Color Rhapsody series is most notable for introducing the characters of The Fox and the Crow in the 1941 short The Fox and the Grapes. Two Color Rhapsody shorts, Holiday Land (1934) and The Little Match Girl (1937), were nominated for the Academy Award for Best Short Subject (Cartoons)."

01/7/2020 6:22 am  #2

Re: Color Rhapsody, with Bing Crosby

Thanks Frans. That was well done; quite amusing but I missed the Bing appearance.

01/7/2020 5:28 pm  #3

Re: Color Rhapsody, with Bing Crosby

Graham,
Bing image is shown in 2 different parts - one right at the end.
Maybe he had too much hair for you to spot him.

Board footera