22/5/2020 1:39 am  #1

How about movies?

I want to ask you a little question: "What's your fovourite Bing Crosby's film?"
There are a lot of them but I, peronaly, watched very few, so it will be interesting for me to hear any answer you can give. I watched "Robin and the 7 Hoods" (1964), "High Society" (1956), "Going my way" (1944), "Bells of St. Mary's"(1945), the all the "Road to..." movies (but by mistake I started with " Road to Morocco" and after watched all other chapters in chronological order), "We're not dressing"(1934), "Going Hollywood" (1933), "Here comes the waves" (1944) and "Wakiki Wedding"(1937).
Maybe you will give me an advice what wo watch next. Most of all I like "Robin and the 7 Hoods", "High Society", "Going my way", "The Road to Utopia", "The Road to Rio","...to Bali", Bond-looking "Road to Hong Kong", "We're not Dressing" and "Going Hollywood".

22/5/2020 4:12 am  #2

Re: How about movies?

Don't miss Here Comes The Groom (1951) with Jane Wyman, Franchot Tone and Alexis Smith.

23/5/2020 2:31 pm  #3

I just ended watching "Here comes the Groom" as you adviced me and it was really funny, beautiful and nice because I like the story "Pygmalion" by Bernard Show and these two things are alike, some way! Also it was really amazing when the Great Band (Dorothy, Phill, Louis and others) was singing with Bing.
Any other ideas?
It will be interesting for me to hear/to read any of them.

23/5/2020 6:48 pm  #4

A good film I like is Riding High, which I haven’t seen for donks and wish TNT would show.
Some good songs - Whiffenpoof Song, De Camptown Races, Sunshine Cake, Someplace on Anywhere Road, The Horse Told Me (song is much better in the film than on record, just like I Wish I Were Aladdin).
Coleen Grey is in it and Bing took her out a couple of times and the press started talking about them as a couple, but it was short lived.

23/5/2020 10:51 pm  #5

Riding High is one of my Bing favorites too (just one of them) esp. good time to watch it now in May as it's all about horse racing.    Sounds like you've watched many Bing films already, you've already seen one of my faves "Here Comes The Groom"  and aside from Riding High my other favorites are Welcome Stranger (my #1 favorite) & Sing You Sinners.

24/5/2020 2:29 am  #6

Thank you very much for your advices. 
I'll compulsory watch  these movies.)))

Board footera