22/5/2020 11:39 pm  #1

Jonzo Volume 29 wanted

If anyone ever has a  spare of Volume 29 (the one with "You're Dangerous" sung by Bing in it), I'd be very glad to know.

Thank you, Victor.  23rd May 2020.

23/5/2020 2:04 am  #2

Re: Jonzo Volume 29 wanted

Thank you very much.  What exactly is a "Podcast"!  I am hopeless on modern things - I previously mentioned to Mr Baker that I didn't know what "Google Drive" and "ICloud" are!

Best wishes, Victor.  23/5/20.

23/5/2020 7:51 pm  #3

Thank you again, Archiefit.

I will check out the links you kindly provided.  

A couple of days ago, we had a double Bing, Bob & Dorothy TV film show with both "Road To Morocco" and "Road To Utopia" (still in Black & White!).  Bing's big song "Moonlight Becomes You" with the extra bit not on the record and Dorothy's "Constantly" and later in the second movie her delightful "Personality" (there are extra verses on Dorothy's live performance and record versions) were the highlights for me as always.

Kind regards.

24/5/2020 1:35 pm  #4

Dear Archiefit,

Thanks for your posting yesterday.  The two movies "Road To Morocco" followed by "Road To Utopia" were shown on television last week on the "Sony Movies Classic" (Channel 50 - Freeview).

That channel has been showing several Bing, Bob & Dorothy "Road" and Bob Hope movies the latter with Jane Russell in "The Paleface" (1948 in colour) "Son of Paleface" (1952 sequel in colour) and with Dorothy Lamour in "My Favorite Brunette" (1947 Black & White).

At this very moment, the "Road To Rio" is on Channel 50 and I am looking forward to seeing the "But Beautiful" onboard filmshow scene again with Bing serenading Dorothy when she is not under hypnosis (i.e. "I hate you, I loathe you, I despise you"  from the scheming Mrs Vale played by Gale Sondergaard!)

25/5/2020 6:46 am  #5

Gentlemen

I'd be grateful if we could have a little more thread discipline please. It's natural for subjects to create new ideas but this has become a little extreme.  A request for Volume 29 of Jonzo has developed into quite different matters ranging through podcasts and films. Try, please to consider when a subject might be more appropriately developed in a new thread.  

16/6/2020 7:39 pm  #6

Yep I've known Lee/Archiefit for probably over 15 years now and I just discovered his disc jockey/master of ceremonies ability. It really is a great Podcast he does. It makes me kind of scared to do my own!

17/6/2020 1:30 am  #7

Archiefit wrote:

Hello Victor.   I forgot to check back here with you.   Just wanted to know if you were able to hear Episode 18 of my podcast where I played "You're Dangerous".   I purposely didn't talk over the song in case you wanted to record it.  It was the version heard on Jonzo 29 as you wanted.   It's on Episode 18.  Since then I've posted many other good shows too, to hear go to:
https://soundslikeradio.podomatic.com/

Dear Archiefit,  Thank you very much for your message,  I played the Episode 18 and was rewarded by the violins and Bing singing "You're Dangerous" that you kindly included for me at the end of your programme. Best wishes and thanks again, Good Health, Victor.  London 17 June 2020.

Board footera