01/5/2017 3:00 pm  #1

"The Bible Story of Christmas narrated by Bing Crosby" NEW!

World Library Publications to re-issue “lost” Bing Crosby recording from 1957.
Official Bing Crosby release! 

Sometime in 1955, Omer Westendorf (founder of World Library of Sacred Music) wrote to several famous Catholics to find a narrator for a recording project. Among those names were Loretta Young, Bishop Fulton J. Sheen, Rocky Marciano, and Bing Crosby. Bishop Sheen replied that he was too busy, and there were no replies from Ms. Young and Mr. Marciano. Bing Crosby made inquiries about World Library of Sacred Music through the Los Angeles Chancery Office. He made no formal reply and just sent a tape of the narration. Bing made the recording on August 6, 1956, and sent it to Omer Westendorf in Cincinnati. Where the narration was recorded is unknown. The organ background was provided by Betty Zins Reiber, a longtime editor at WLP. According to Bing Enterprises/HLC Properties LLC, Bing donated his services and did not accept any payment. The music on the album was arranged by Han Van Koert (1913–1976). The complete score of the album was published by WLP in 1958.
The recording of Bing Crosby reading the Gospel of Luke 2:4 has not been used in any other project and is exclusive to World Library Publications.

“It’s truly a wonderful thing to have an American icon in your vault, and after all this time we get to share it with the world. Bing Crosby and Christmas have always been synonymous.”
—Ron Rendek, Senior Music Editor, World Library Publications
“At the time the recording of the carols was taking place, Omer, the choir, and all involved in the project were honored that Bing Crosby had accepted Omer's invitation to narrate the Christmas gospel between the carols.  I am delighted to hear that the recording is being re-issued so that it will be made available to a new audience.”
—Betty Zins Reiber, accompanist for the Bonaventure Choir
  “When my Dad bought World Library Publications in 1972, he knew he was getting the best in church music, but I don’t think he realized this gem between Omer Westendorf and Bing Crosby! We are excited to celebrate sixty years of Omer’s vision and to share this treasure of his work with Bing Crosby.”
—Mary Lou Paluch Rafferty, 
Owner and Publisher of J.S. Paluch Company/World Library Publications

Questions can be directed to Larry VanMersbergen, 1-847-233-2806 or VanMersbergenL@jspaluch.com

Available on CD and LP. 

Ordering information:
007403 The Bible Story of Christmas narrated by Bing Crosby CD $10.00 (USD)
007405 The Bible Story of Christmas narrated by Bing Crosby Limited Edition LP $25.00 (USD)

wlpmusic.com or call 1-800-566-6150
also available at Amazon.com

We do ship to Europe and the UK online!  let me know if you need help with that.  Calling us I know might be a problem.   Amazon also has it!  

Larry 

Last edited by WLPMusicMarketing (05/5/2017 4:11 pm)

01/5/2017 3:25 pm  #2

Re: "The Bible Story of Christmas narrated by Bing Crosby" NEW!

Bing's narration is listed in most discographies but the original LP had very limited circulation.

Bing's reading is clear and the new issue (which I have had the privilege of hearing) displays his rich voice very well. 

Bing's reading of several verses of Luke Ch 2, verses 4-20 introduces traditional carols on eight tracks, whilst the ninth track has the complete reading.

Something different to bring out at Christmas to add to all those other recordings of Bing singing carols or Christmas songs 

Interesting to note that the issue is also on vinyl LP.

01/5/2017 11:09 pm  #3

Hello. It is available on CD.

02/5/2017 6:09 am  #4

News releases covering the issue here and here

05/5/2017 12:24 pm  #5

We do ship to the Uk and all of Europe!  
This might help when ordering, click on new customer and for country choose other and the screen should look like this. 

Last edited by WLPMusicMarketing (26/5/2017 1:36 pm)

05/5/2017 4:01 pm  #6

It would appear that ordering outside the USA can only be done via telephone to WLP and not online.

05/5/2017 4:07 pm  #7

Hello,  you CAN order online at wlpmusic.com.   We get orders from the UK and Europe every day.  We also have the CD on Amazon.   When Placing your order online, use the Chat feature on our website (lower right-hand corner) so the Customer Care representative can adjust your shipping cost.  No need to call.  You can also email them at wlpcs@jspaluch.com    I want to make this as easy as possible.   Let me know if you have any problems. 

Larry VanMersbergen
World Library Publications

Last edited by WLPMusicMarketing (05/5/2017 4:20 pm)

05/5/2017 4:12 pm  #8

05/5/2017 4:23 pm  #9

Having tried to order online, I opened a "chat" session on the WLP website and was quite definitely told that UK orders had to made by telephone. Availability on Amazon is, of course, much easier. Thanks for that information.

05/5/2017 4:25 pm  #10

I am so sorry,  you can order online. I just spoke to them and they should have walked you through the process.  They mean to make the shipping lower but they can do that by chat or email.  Phone calls are not required.   You're welcome! 

05/5/2017 4:28 pm  #11

Having got a bit grumpy about ordering - for which I apologise - I should add my thanks to your organisation for making this recording available again. I hope it gains a wider circulation outwith the "Crosby Community".

05/5/2017 4:33 pm  #12

thank you so much!  we are excited to release this official Bing Crosby release!   enjoy!! 

12/5/2017 6:51 pm  #13

We estimate that the Vinyl LP edition will be in our warehouse June 1.  Pre-orders are being accepted and we do ship to all of Europe and Canada!   Online ordering problems?  just chat with our Customer Care staff.  I will help if I can also. 

24/6/2017 2:03 am  #14

I got a copy of this reissue and the sound is out of this world. It's a great item for a Bing Crosby fan, and I hope this project gets to attention and response that it deserves. It is a wonderful issue for Christmas and all year round!

21/8/2018 12:43 pm  #15

We are working on a digital download of this album. Please comment if you be interested in that as opposed to the high cost of shipping of the CD or Vinyl. 

06/12/2019 5:10 pm  #16

Just want to bump this thread to say I learned about this release from this forum, bought the CD a few weeks ago and am finally listening to it now. What a wonderful, unique recording. Bing sounds great and the Choir is lovely. It's a treat having the unedited narration at the end too. Great, unique addition to the Christmas collection!

Board footera