08/11/2015 9:04 pm  #1

Malcolm Macfarlane on radio talks about ICC and Leeds

Anne Hopper introduces a two hour record show on BBC Radio Cumbria every Saturday evening. 
She frequently has a "Bing Spot" and is clearly something of a fan. Though Radio Cumbria has a limited coverage on VHF/FM, it is available on the internet and the programmes normally remain available for 30 days.

Anne has a warm nature and responds positively to email requests.

Last night - Saturday 7 November, she included two songs by Bing from 1931 and 1976 plus a telephone interview with Malcolm Macfarlane, who among other matters covered the longevity of International Club Crosby, and potential future developments such as possible gatherings organised at local level. He also managed to mention this discussion board (thank you Malcolm) and played Bing's last message to the ICC.

The show can be heard through this link. The appropriate part is at about the 1 hour 22 minute point.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p036mdtl#play

11/11/2015 3:20 pm  #2

Re: Malcolm Macfarlane on radio talks about ICC and Leeds

During his interview with Anne Hopper, Malcolm referred to a member in Warrington, UK who is keen to organise local Crosby gatherings. Well, I am said member!

If you would be interested to participate in local gatherings and you are within easy reach of the Warrington, Cheshire area, please contact me via the Private Message facility in the left-hand pane of this post.

Hope to hear from you soon!
Jace

11/11/2015 4:36 pm  #3

Well done, Jace. Put me on the list.

12/11/2015 6:53 am  #4

Congratulations to Malcolm for arranging that interview. I especially liked the two contrasting recordings which Bing made in 1931 and 1976 and appropriately including his whistling in the latter.

07/2/2016 11:33 am  #5

Jace wrote:

During his interview with Anne Hopper, Malcolm referred to a member in Warrington, UK who is keen to organise local Crosby gatherings. Well, I am said member!

If you would be interested to participate in local gatherings and you are within easy reach of the Warrington, Cheshire area, please contact me via the Private Message facility in the left-hand pane of this post.

Hope to hear from you soon!
Jace

In a further development in his aim to get a local group together Jason has managed to get onto Radio Cumbria with a short interview on Anne Hopper's show,

It can be heard here http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03gjcnd  at around the 42 minute point

And Bing sings "I Got Rhythm"

07/2/2016 4:16 pm  #6

Heard it yesterday Argo (afternoon that is) here in the north west Pacific via tune- in radio.
At first couldn't put a face to Jace but suddenly remembered.

07/2/2016 4:17 pm  #7

That should be Arvo - machine changes spelling. Will have to get an Aussie lingo mini pad

07/2/2016 7:38 pm  #8

Ron - your machine obviously linked Argo with Jason: smart!😄

Board footera