11/1/2011 3:40 pm  #1

"Just For Fun" CD

Please PM me if anyone is interested in selling/parting with with this CD.  I tried to place an order with the original place that made it, but received a reply that there are probably none left in stock, and it won't be reissued.  I was mainly after this one for "Duke The Spook".

Best regards,

Zane Johnson

Zane Johnson

11/1/2011 9:33 pm  #2

Re: "Just For Fun" CD

There were 2CD's issued apart and mainly different.
Have you tried Amazon at all?

12/1/2011 4:20 am  #3

Hi Ron,

I tried Amazon, but they only list the vinyl and that said "unavailable".  I'm looking for volume 1, the one with the red cover.  If you have any other suggestions, please let me know.

Best regards,

Zane

Last edited by zanereed (12/1/2011 4:21 am)

Zane Johnson

12/1/2011 10:48 am  #4

Zane,

I assume that what you are after, from your reference to 'Duke The Spook', is Broadway Intermission BRCD-134 which was a direct CD reissue of an earlier LP.  (Even the same number).  A mixture of fluffs and parodies with a few ordinary issues.  I might be wrong, but my personal experience is that this might have been quite short-lived and consequently in short supply.  It was issued in 2000. It came out at a time when there had been a rush of other interesting material (I was also in the midst of organising my own retirement) and by the time I got around to ordering a copy my usual source of supply was unable to deliver.  I have not been actively searching for it since but I have certainly not stumbled across it on any on-line auction sites or dealers lists, and a comprehensive search just now has failed to find anything.  When found you and I are in competition!

12/1/2011 11:07 pm  #5

Does anyone know if Footlight still has material? I have visited the store but it has since closed but I had the feeling that they were still selling stuff.
Also, I'm not sure about Redmond Nostalgia in WA. They did have a lot of Bing stuff but there was some trouble with the Crosby office and they got rid of a lot of Bing stuff. Could also be worth a try to find out where all their stuff went to.

13/1/2011 3:46 am  #6

The place I tried to order from was Blue Lantern Records.  After I placed the order, I received a reply and a refund saying that there were no longer any of these in stock.  That was my last chance at trying to obtain it, at least until I get another lead (or someone else releases "Duke The Spook" elsewhere...?).  I didn't see any in stock from Footlight.  If anyone has any other suggestions, I'll be glad to try.  Thanks, Ron, for the ideas!

Zane Johnson

13/1/2011 3:59 am  #7

If anyone is interested in a vinyl version of "Just for Fun", here's a link (US Vendor):

http://www.earthwaverecords.com/:RecordDetail:431636401:0045022

Zane Johnson

Board footera