New members are ALWAYS welcomed. If you are having any problems signing up or logging into the board, please contact me at davidlobosco@yahoo.com.
THE "RENT" FOR THIS BOARD HAS NOW BEEN PAID THROUGH October 22, 2026.
Offline
Hi everyone,
It's Labor Day here in the U.S., and so I have sat down to work on a new post for my blog, The Vintage Bandstand, in which I review five CDs that I have bought recently. One of them is a CD by the fine British singer Dorothy Carless, which includes her two best albums, The Carless Torch and Mixed Emotions. It's too bad that she isn't better known in the U.S., because at least these two albums are very enjoyable.
Other CDs I have reviewed are by Ziggy Elman (what a great trumpeter!), Bob Manning, Benny Goodman & Anita O'Day, and Johnny Desmond. If you would like to read the whole article, you can access it here:
Oh, and by the way, the recommended reading of the month is Late Life Jazz, the book on Rosemary Clooney recently published by Ken Crossland and Malcolm Macfarlane. I have already ordered it, and I hope to receive it soon! ![]()