3. Rio
4. Bali
5. Singapore
6. Zanzibar
7. Hong Kong

Now, this should create some debate.

26/3/2013 2:42 am  #2

Re: Road movies

1-SINGAPORE-Bing and Bob were so cute in this movie and so funny! 2- Utopia, 3-Rio, 4-Bali,5- Zanzibar,6- Morocco,7-Hong Kong. I know many like Morocco but It wasn't my favorite. I put it next to last!

Peace and Love! 

27/3/2013 2:09 am  #3

Here are my choices...
1. Utopia
2. Rio
3. Morocco
4. Zanzibar
5. Singapore
6. Bali
7. Hong Kong

27/3/2013 3:20 am  #4

I can never decide on what my favorite Road movie is; my rankings change all the time. I always have Hong Kong firmly in last place though, as seems to be the general consensus.

27/3/2013 6:54 am  #5

I agree about Hong Kong. Morocco is my favourite though.

11/4/2013 5:21 am  #6

It's so long since I've seen the Roads to Morocco, Utopia or Rio that I can't rank them. Of the others, I agree with Ron Field's list.

30/4/2013 2:51 pm  #7

I cast perhaps a lone vote for including the Hope-Lamour movie, "My Favorite Brunette," as an honorary Hope-Crosby road movie, since Bing does have that charming cameo near the end as the dissappointed executioner!  Also, for Bob's sake, Hope probably does somewhat better acting in it than in some of the standard road movies.

14/11/2016 5:21 am  #8

Here in Morton, WA we're going to show 'Bali' as a start to Sunday Arvo movies that are on public domain.
Sunday 1st. January at 2.00pm at the Roxy. Any change I'll let you know.
Saturday we presented our 5th. Veteran's concert. I was Bing in a Bing and Bob skit - the 4th. Time we did this. Good fun.

01/12/2016 9:43 pm  #9

It's on!
Road to Bali 1st January 2017 at the Roxy Theatre, Morton, Wa at 2.00pm.
Adults $5.00, kids $3.00.
Prior to Bali I will be showing the Bing Mack Sennett short, I Surrender Dear.
I will be doing an introduction

09/1/2017 5:44 pm  #10

Well we showed 'Bali' to an audience of one and the movie went belly up through the showing.
I didn't get there as I was snowed in.
However we had an audience of 6 punters to show Roy Rogers - Ridin' Down The Canyon'.
I also showed the first of Bing's Mack Sennett shorts - I Surrender Dear - which seemed to be well received.
The weather was cold, the roads icy.
Just now as I write this (9.43am Monday) the white stuff is coming down.

09/1/2017 9:58 pm  #11

Sorry to read about this, Ron. Better luck next time.

10/1/2017 5:18 pm  #12

On TCM a few days ago they screened the first three Road movies. Was able to record.
Yesterday I viewed Singapore and today Zanzibar and Wednesday Morocco.

09/2/2017 11:13 am  #13

Morocco is prob the best, but I have a special place in my heart for Singapore because they are such best friends in it and I always have a soft spot for a bromance. I love how they fight for each other against the men who are trying to get Bob to marry Cherry, or against Anthony Quinn or the snobs on the boat. And they were so young! But here's my order:
Singapore/Morrocco (tie)
Zanzibar
Rio
Utopia
Bali
(I'm not even going to list Hong Kong)

03/4/2019 4:46 am  #14

Here we are

10/4/2019 5:26 pm  #15

Bob Grace tells me that Kino Lorber have a sale which includes their recent Blu-ray releases of the Road films.
The four newly-released films (Singapore, Zanzibar, Morocco, Utopia are $11.99 each. And the Blu-ray versions of Rio and Bali are $9.99 at the moment.
See. https://www.kinolorber.com/list/view/code/april-studio-classics-sale-2019?affiliate=kcem&utm_source=Kino+Lorber+Home+Video&utm_campaign=2dd867915d-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2019_04_09_09_14&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_c2ae630896-2dd867915d-82672429 
They only ship to the USA and Canada so those outside those areas might want to contact a friend in the US or Canada for help.

Last edited by Malcolm Macfarlane (22/4/2019 6:28 am)

16/4/2019 5:57 pm  #16

Has anyone picked up the new Blu Rays of the first four films from Kino Lorber? I'm wondering if they are of better quality that the Universal DVD releases from over a decade ago.

Zane Johnson

05/5/2019 6:25 pm  #17

Something which may be of interest to forum members in Europe:

The Road films on bluray are also available from Amazon.fr (i.e. the french branch of Amazon). Prices seem quite reasonable to me, especially as you take into account you do not have to pay postage 'to the moon' which is often the case when ordering in the US.

Ordering is quite easy. If you already have an account at Amazon.co.uk or Amazon.com, the same account is valid on Amazon.fr - as far as I know this applies to all Amazon branches around the world by the way. When logging in at other branches, they will at the same time automatically have the details of your preferred way of paying. (It's up to you to see this as an advantage or not, of course!) ;-)

I've placed a couple of orders myself; it all works fine - so I'm speaking out of experience.

Board footera