17/8/2012 11:40 am  #1

"This Ole House" out-take

I was leafing through a couple of old copies of "Bing" magazine yesterday and came across Ken Crossland's review of the BCE Crosby-Clooney Radio Sessions release in "Bing 157". I was intrigued by his mention of Bing's out-take of "This Ole House" dropping "the wrong side of the censor's line" for inclusion.

I must have missed this reference when I first read the review and I'm very intrigued by it. Does anyone have any further info, and any idea where I might be able to get hold of a copy?

17/8/2012 1:46 pm  #2

Re: "This Ole House" out-take

...It has also been brought to my attention that there is a rather suggestive aside made by Bing to Connee Boswell on a rehearsal tape for the KMH show of December 30th 1937!

On a more serious note, though, it's a great pity so few of the early KMH shows have survived in full. I've got the 8 CD "Krafty Young Bing" set which Barry Whittingham produced on his own "Bar One International" label some years ago (although I don't suppose the rehearsal in question is contained therein!).

That set has some great tracks of individual numbers - in varying quality, of course. Some real gems, though, including dozens of songs never recorded commercially by Mr. Crosby.

And we musn't forget the excellent ICC 75th Anniversary release of KMH "Rare Original Survivors"...

18/8/2012 6:38 pm  #3

Re: "This Ole House" out-take

I wonder if there is any way to get a copy of the Krafty Young Bing issue....I missed that!

Board footera