11/9/2024 4:11 pm  #1

Caterina Valente died

Lovely and talented Caterina Valente died (and is buried silently) at the age of 93. Valente a wonderful singer, dancer, guitarist, entertainer and actor (on German films), performed in many countries and languages. With Bing performed Caterina in two TV-shows: The Bing Crosby Show, 7th November 1963 (with Buddy Ebsen, The Yound Americans) & The Hollywood Palace, 18th September 1965 (with a medley of 6 songs from the Clooney-Crosby Fancy Meeting You Here album). Caterina and Bing  have had a special chemestry on the Language of Love medley, watched it many times.
Caterina Valente spoke every time with greatest respect about Bing, nearly any interview she haven´t spoke about Bing, also in her two autobiographical books she not forget the meetings with Bing. In one of them she wrote 5 or 6 pages about the 1963 TV special and her teamwork with Bing. In the same book Caterina wrote, that she has planned in 1977 a German TV special together with Bing (perhaps 1978?). At that time Valente have had about 2 or 3 TV thematical TV specials every year in Germany. The last years she lived in Switzerland and was inactive and very privately. Caterina Valente was a very talented and sympatical Entertainer, a fine people without star allures. I liked Caterina Valente since my childhood and was later very fond knowing that Caterina and Bing teamed together. 
R.I.P.        

11/9/2024 9:21 pm  #2

Re: Caterina Valente died

What very, very sad news...
I was actually listening to one of Caterina Valente's albums earlier this evening. She is one of my all-time favourite singers. I've always absolutely adored the medley she did with Bing on the November '63 show. As you say, Dieter, they had a very special chemistry and it's a great pity they didn't appear together more often.
R.I.P. indeed...

25/9/2024 12:04 pm  #3

Re: Caterina Valente died

I am sad to have to admit that I have never listened to her other than the tv clip of her and Bing. I'm not sure how I gone all these years and not listen to her!

Board footera