11/1/2017 7:24 pm  #1

Gary Giddins - Volume Two

Just posted on Facebook.
GOOD NEWS! Gary Giddins has completed the second volume of his three-volume Bing Crosby biography: "Bing Crosby, Swinging On a Star, the War Years, 1940-1946," to be published by Little, Brown. Publication date will be announced here, along with cover art - when Little, Brown provides them!

11/1/2017 9:26 pm  #2

Re: Gary Giddins - Volume Two

Great news, Malcolm! Hopefully this time's the charm! I can't wait for this second volume to become available!!!

AGF

11/1/2017 9:28 pm  #3

That's fantastic news! I can't wait to see what's in store for this volume. That's a day one purchase for sure!

12/1/2017 12:02 am  #4

Extraordinarily welcome news.

12/1/2017 12:02 pm  #5

Hear, hear... Best news so far in 2017.

12/1/2017 3:10 pm  #6

Wonderful news to start 2017 with! http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/happy.png

Thank you for the information, Malcolm.

30/1/2017 2:35 am  #7

Hip, hip, hooray!

04/2/2017 2:41 am  #8

It's taken decades for the 2nd volume to finally be just announced (it's still not a reality) how many decades will it take for a Volume 3?   I thought the original idea for this book was that there was going to be just 2 parts, the second being what we've waited eons for.  I didn't hear that it is now being EVENTUALLY turned into a 3 volume set.   I think at this point Giddins would be better off to just stick to the original idea and make the final concluding edition be a Part 2 book.   I don't think either Giddins or we will live long enough to see a volume 3.

Last edited by Archiefit (04/2/2017 2:42 am)

09/2/2017 11:04 am  #9

I could not be more excited for this book! What amazing and rich years to be covered. I hope Mr. Giddins writes extensively about Joan Caulfield, his great friendship with Phil Harris, the amazing box office as well as recording performance especially in 1944 when I believe he had something like 2/3 of the time spent at 1# on the charts, along with his tireless efforts for the GI's. I hope this comes out sooner than the Fall but after over a decade and a half of waiting I guess I can go a few more months.

09/2/2017 2:10 pm  #10

I am sure that we are all looking forward to the second volume. 

We must all do our best to persuade Mr Giddins - and his publishers - to also bring forward the third volume as rapidly as possible by demonstrating our support through purchasing Vol. 2 in adequate numbers.

Board footera