New members are ALWAYS welcomed. If you are having any problems signing up or logging into the board, please contact me at davidlobosco@yahoo.com.
THE "RENT" FOR THIS BOARD HAS NOW BEEN PAID THROUGH October 22, 2026.
Offline

A Bing Crosby song that was stuck in my head tonight was Bing's rendition of "Smarty". Bing introduced this in the 1937 film Double Or Nothing. Bing sings the song as he is trying to outsing a operatic chef. The version I love to play is from my first Bing CD - Bing Crosby Sings Again which came out in 1986. It was compiled and remastered by the great Steve Hoffman. It is hard to believe that CD is 36 years old!
Anyways, Bing recorded the song for Decca on July 12, 1937. It was stuck in my head tonight, and now I hope it is stuck in your head now...
Offline

Archiefit wrote:
That was my first Bing CD too. And I bought it before I ever owned a CD player. I remember at the time I didn't want a CD player so I just taped it using my sister's CD player.
The sound of that CD is still remarkable. I have become friends with Steve Hoffman, and he is really proud of that CD issue.
Offline
It's an appealing song and I like the scene in which Bing sang it in Double or Nothing, a film that I reckon is beaut.