New members are ALWAYS welcomed. If you are having any problems signing up or logging into the board, please contact me at davidlobosco@yahoo.com.
THE "RENT" FOR THIS BOARD HAS NOW BEEN PAID THROUGH October 22, 2026.
Offline

The British born singer Beryl Davies has died.
Obituary here
And no, I cannot find any connection with Bing, apart from the picture used in the obituary.
Any one know of one?
She is well thought of by the many who have an interest in the British dance bands of the 1930s and 40s but I have found hardly any reference in any of the many obituaries to her singing with the Oscar Rabin Band where she did most of her band work, and in which her father was a partner and joint leader. 
Offline

I wonder what brought her together with Bing and Bob for the photo?
Offline

Steve Fay wrote:
I wonder what brought her together with Bing and Bob for the photo?
As she was a 'resident singer' on the Bob Hope show for a time the best guess is that Bing 'dropped in' or they might even have appeared on the same show, but I cannot trace that they ever appeared together.