10/6/2022 4:29 pm  #1

More Participation

Hello,

It is hard to believe that we are almost halfway done with another year. Bing has been gone almost 45 years now. This board exists so fans of Bing Crosby can gather together and relate stories, memories, collections anything pertaining to Bing. In the last few months the busiest part of my role as an administrator has been keeping out the spam and scam accounts. Amazingly, 75% comes from Ukraine and Russia.

This board will not continue to exist with just the participation of myself and one or two people, please keep this board alive just as we try to keep Bing's memory alive every day. I encourage everyone to post intelligent and thought provoking conservation about Bing. However, don't post just for the sake of posting.

Let's really get this board going and keep the memory of Bing alive!

11/6/2022 12:53 am  #2

Re: More Participation

All I can do is second what the previous two gentleman have stated. For years I was an avid reader (not poster) on the Steven Lewis message boards due to a little online shyness. There used to be a forum dedicated to another US singer of similar vintage (where I did not dare to tread) where innocent and well meaning posters were often criticised and actually sometimes belittled by this late singer's daughter and other posters.

Fear not! I have only experienced the maximum of friendliness and welcome on here, with members bending over backwards with their kindness and generosity in all things Bing. Although Mr Crosby will have been gathered forty-five years this autumn, his historical legacy is secure but it would be so lovely for more of us to keep preserving his memory by recalling Bing's many talents, achievements and staggering career. 

Last edited by Ian Kerstein (11/6/2022 9:10 am)

19/9/2022 12:45 pm  #3

Apologies, gents. To say I was one of the posters supporting David and Archifit's sentiments, I'm afraid I have been guilty of an absence for a considerable while. I can only (hypocritically this time) once again reiterate what has already been stated. If we don't use it - we lose it! 
I'll see you on the "Sounds Like Radio" threads, Archiefit, to try and identify that sweeping film sounding string music you played, post Miss Shore. 

19/9/2022 4:26 pm  #4

Sadly, a lot of the Bing chatter has moved from these discussion board to social media platforms like Facebook. I have a Facebook account, and although I do not enjoy it - I use it out of necessity, and I have really met some great Bing fans through there. 

Hopefully though, this board will be available for years and years to come.

19/9/2022 5:48 pm  #5

Archiefit wrote:

Maybe you could (if you haven't already done so) direct some of those Bing people on Facebook to come here and talk.  I don't use Facebook or that Tweet thing, heard too many bad things about them.  But it'd be nice if some of them could be weened from the Bing facething and come here instead.

From time to time I mention it, but no takers so far. All of the requests to sign up here lately have been spam from Russia and/or Ukraine.

Board footera