New members are ALWAYS welcomed. If you are having any problems signing up or logging into the board, please contact me at davidlobosco@yahoo.com.
THE "RENT" FOR THIS BOARD HAS NOW BEEN PAID THROUGH October 22, 2026.
Offline

Star Spangled Radio Hour this week has Command Performance #182, from 5th July 1945 with
Salute to G. I. Jive’s 1000th Program
Ken Carpenter, announcer
Bing Crosby and Martha “G. I. Jill” Wilkerson, hosts
Tommy Dorsey, Ella Mae Morse, Spike Jones and his City Slickers, guest
Maj. Meredith Willson and the AFRS Orchestra
It starts roughly an hour into the total podcast, which includes two other shows.
Sentimental Journey (Bing Crosby, vocal),
Star Dust (Tommy Dorsey trombone solo),
Cow Cow Boogie (Ella Mae Morse, vocal),
Medley: Don’t Fence Me In, Paper Doll, I’ll Walk Alone (Bing Crosby, vocal),
Chloe (Spike Jones and his City Slickers; Red Ingle, vocal),
I’m Getting Sentimental Over You (Spike Jones and his City Slickers with Tommy Dorsey, trombone),
I’ll Be Seeing You (Bing Crosby, vocal)
Stream or download
For listeners in North America and elsewhere outside Europe the link is
For those in Europe Dennis M Spragg has a mirror site