18/10/2019 4:43 pm  #1

Zizi Jeanmarie

I think that Zizi Jeanmarie was one of Bing's least compatible leading ladies, but she was a fabulous dancer. I was wondering what became of her, and she turned 95 years old this year!

I found this French video where she appeared at a hospital. She does not look well, but unfortunately time is not kind to any of us. The video is from October of 2018...

28/10/2019 7:20 am  #2

Re: Zizi Jeanmarie

Alas, my three years of high school French did not enable me to understand the dialogue. If she said 'Bing Crosby' I must have missed it.. I wonder if she made any other movies in the USA.

28/10/2019 2:15 pm  #3

Re: Zizi Jeanmarie

Graham Pascoe wrote:

Alas, my three years of high school French did not enable me to understand the dialogue. If she said 'Bing Crosby' I must have missed it.. I wonder if she made any other movies in the USA.

No she part of some sort of heart study at a French hospital. She didn't mention Hollywood at all. I don't think she cared for "Anything Goes". She did make a good appearance with Danny Kaye in 1953's "Hans Christian Anderson". 

She mostly danced in France. From that video I don't think she does much dancing anymore either.

Board footera