New members are ALWAYS welcomed. If you are having any problems signing up or logging into the board, please contact me at davidlobosco@yahoo.com.
THE "RENT" FOR THIS BOARD HAS NOW BEEN PAID THROUGH October of 2027!
Offline

Bing was at the height of his fame in 1946 so I wanted to take a look at some of his underrated recordings of 1946. I uploaded some numbers that weren't widely available on You Tube...
Offline

This is one of my favorite records Bing made in 1946...not the greatest tune but just catchy!
Offline

A great cheerful recording I wish I listened to more...
Last edited by Lobosco (18/2/2018 5:45 pm)
Offline

One more...
Offline
Thanks, I love these, especially Country Style from the underrated Welcome Stranger movie. I also love Sue City Sioux from that year.
Offline
Thanks for those selections. For Australian Crosby fans, 1946 was a very good year. Twenty of his records were released and 33 of the songs became hits, although most had been recorded in previous years. In 1946, radio stations in Melbourne, Australia's second-biggest city, programmed more than five hours of programs each week which played on Crosby records. Surprisingly, when one station invited its listeners to select their own programs of recorded music, Bing was second to Richard Tauber.