New members are ALWAYS welcomed. If you are having any problems signing up or logging into the board, please contact me at davidlobosco@yahoo.com.
THE "RENT" FOR THIS BOARD HAS NOW BEEN PAID THROUGH October 22, 2026.
Offline
This may well have been noted elsewhere, but I've just noticed that audible.co.uk - the audio book division of Amazon - offers an unabridged reading of the first volume of the Gary Giddins biography of Bing.
I pay a small monthly subscription via my Amazon account which gives me one audio book download per month, and there are some real bargains to be had. I'm currently in the process of listening to the complete Sherlock Holmes stories in excellent readings by the actor Simon Vance.
It has to be said that the on-line reviews of the Bing biography are somewhat critical of the narrator, so it might be worth taking advantage of the 10-minute sample track before committing to buy.
Neverthelss, it's great that it's available in this format, although I very much hope that it also becomes available as a Kindle download before too long.