18/1/2016 5:55 pm  #1

Redmond Nostalgia

Does anyone know whatever became of all of the material that Redmond Nostalgia had? I wonder if Larry Kiner's son David kept everything. I wish I had a contact number for them.

I have seen a few Redmond Nostalgia CDs on Ebay and they usually go for a pretty penny.

19/1/2016 6:38 pm  #2

Re: Redmond Nostalgia

I had managed to acquire about two thirds of Redmond's Bing releases when they ceased trading. I sent a few e-mails to David to the only address I had (the Redmond "info" address ) but never had any reply.

There was, of course, a lot more besides Bing available. I bought all of the available Gordon Macrae "Railroad Hour" releases and also Mario Lanza's "Coca-Cola" shows from the early 50s.

Redmond was a great resource and is sorely missed.

23/1/2016 2:12 pm  #3

I seem to have forgotten the details of how Redmond came to go out of business.  Did internal management problems do them in, or did it have to do with conflicts over rights to what they were selling? 

Last edited by Steve Fay (08/2/2016 3:02 am)

23/1/2016 2:19 pm  #4

The latter, I think...

I seem to remember that questions were raised as to who owned the rights to the Crosby material that was being offered.

23/1/2016 4:58 pm  #5

Like Steve I seem to think it was copyright for all the Bing material.
No doubt Malcolm's memory box will recall.

25/1/2016 7:18 pm  #6

Does anyone still have a list of all the shows Redmond used to offer, Bing-wise?  I remember some of the latter day material, but I was still collecting the Jonzo/Sepia series, so all of my cash was going towards those CDs and I never had a chance to really purchase any of the ones Redmond was offering.

Zane Johnson

25/1/2016 9:40 pm  #7

I know I've got a print-out of the old Redmond "Bing" catalogue somewhere, but I can't locate it at the moment.
This is what I have on my shelves...
KMH - 14x60-min. and 70x30-min. shows.
Chesterfield - 74x30-min. shows.
Command Performance - 20 shows.
Mail Call - 8 shows.
GI Journal - 8 shows
(I didn't acquire Redmond's Philco releases because I was collecting Dave Bennett's series.)
Half-a-dozen discs of Lux Radio Theatre Movie Previews.
20-odd "miscellaneous" discs - some fascinating material, but some with minimal Bing content - a Jerome Kern Memorial Concert from 1945, Paul Whiteman's Christmas Party from 1946, a Los Angeles War Bond Rally from 1943  - that kind of thing...
In a way, I hope my print-out doesn't turn up because it will just remind me of what I failed to get hold of before Redmond ceased trading!

26/1/2016 7:12 pm  #8

jeremyrose wrote:

(I didn't acquire Redmond's Philco releases because I was collecting Dave Bennett's series.)

What series was this?  I guess I missed another one!  Can you please expand on it at all?  Thank you!

Zane Johnson

27/1/2016 10:11 am  #9

Dave Bennett is an English audio engineer who has remastered numerous multi-album releases on the Avid label.

A few years ago he started issuing a privately-produced series of the Philco shows in re-mastered pressings.

Unfortunately, his professional commitments meant that the project couldn't be completed, but in my opinion these releases represent by far the best versions available of the Philco shows.

30/1/2016 4:32 pm  #10

jeremyrose wrote:

Dave Bennett is an English audio engineer who has remastered numerous multi-album releases on the Avid label.

A few years ago he started issuing a privately-produced series of the Philco shows in re-mastered pressings.

Unfortunately, his professional commitments meant that the project couldn't be completed, but in my opinion these releases represent by far the best versions available of the Philco shows.

I also assume there's no way to order any of these anymore, correct? It looks like I missed out on these, as well.

Zane Johnson

Board footera