New members are ALWAYS welcomed. If you are having any problems signing up or logging into the board, please contact me at davidlobosco@yahoo.com.
THE "RENT" FOR THIS BOARD HAS NOW BEEN PAID THROUGH October 22, 2026.
Offline

In ten days time we will pass another birthday. 111 to be precise.
May 3rd 1903.
An ideal time to expect some presents, maybe, in the form of announcements of something new?
I wonder?
In the meantime how about something really exotic - an "antique" mousetrap, no less, listed here and apparently marketed under Bing's name and image.
And at an exotic price - $715.18 (why the 18 cents - isn't $715 enough?).
Last edited by Richard Baker (23/4/2014 9:14 am)
Offline

3rd May 1903.
111 years ago.
Where would popular music be without that event?
Offline
How true!
Offline
HAPPY 111TH BING!
Offline
Happy 111Th BirthdAy To The Greatest Entertainer Who Ever Lived! BIng youAre Gone But ForeverIn Our Hearts Live on. So Much mOre Than A Star....My Biggest Inspiration Is What You Are.
windyd
Offline
Just looked at the Golf Hall of Fame site and after all this time they are still showing Bing's birthdate as 2nd. May 1904. Can you believe it?
I have just sent them the correct date 3rd. May 1903.
Bing was inducted in 1978 when I think it was still being debated and one only has to look at his headstone in the cemetery which is also incorrect.
Offline
Hey Richard! for 18 cents more maybe it comes with a mouse!
Offline

I bet the trap catches more mice if you use Kraft cheese!
Offline

Not quite "The Tender Trap". I suppose "Trap-eze" could be appropriate, (as in "The Man On The Flying Trapeze").
Steve, I doubt Kraft would appreciate a sales slogan along the lines of "Kraft Cheese - catches even more mice".
Offline
What is left of today, Phil and Dennis would have been 81.