New members are ALWAYS welcomed. If you are having any problems signing up or logging into the board, please contact me at davidlobosco@yahoo.com.
THE "RENT" FOR THIS BOARD HAS NOW BEEN PAID THROUGH October of 2027!
Offline
Does anyone know how many songs Fred recorded?
Offline

48blonde wrote:
Does anyone know how many songs Fred recorded?
There is a comprehensive discography in book form.
The NY Public Library has a copy
I do not know of a comprehensive on line listing.
Offline
There is a list of his recordings on 78 at
Offline

Malcolm Macfarlane wrote:
There is a list of his recordings on 78 at
It's a very useful list and thank you Malcolm for identifying it. However it is as you say based largely on 78s (plus three LP/CD sets of 1950s material) and is therefore very far from comprehensive.
None of the later recordings are shown, for example the two 1975 albums produced by Ken Barnes (one of which was with Bing), none of the film soundtracks from late 1940s on (Daddy Long Legs, Funny Face, Silk Stockings, Band Wagon, Belle Of New York, Finian's Rainbow, Royal Wedding, Three Little Words, Blue Skies to name but some), and none of the later singles. Looking at the list I have the impression it is compiled mainly if not wholly from a number of popular (and good) CD compilations from the last 20 years.
Carmela, if you want to identify titles the IMDB site has a fairly comprehensive list of the song titles from each film and many were issued on disc in some form - either a straight pull from the soundtrack or a studio version. Combine the two lists and you'll be within shooting distance of a reasonably correct answer.
Offline
Thanks Richard and Malcolm! I will check out all of the above. Meanwhile, I am waiting for a book I just purchased on ebay that lists his discography, films ect...