New members are ALWAYS welcomed. If you are having any problems signing up or logging into the board, please contact me at davidlobosco@yahoo.com.
THE "RENT" FOR THIS BOARD HAS NOW BEEN PAID THROUGH October 22, 2026.
Offline
Does anyone know if Bing's horse in the movie is Trigger? Also, I didn't know that Trigger was foaled on a ranch that was partly owned by Bing.
Offline
Doubt if Roy Rogers would allow anyone else ride 'Trigger' no matter how good a rider one might be.
Can't help you Carmella, sorry.
Offline

48blonde wrote:
Does anyone know if Bing's horse in the movie is Trigger? Also, I didn't know that Trigger was foaled on a ranch that was partly owned by Bing.
I'd think it most unlikely purely on dates.
Rhythm on the Range was filmed April - June 1936 and released July 1936.
Trigger was foaled circa July 1934 but earliest noted film appearance was in "The Adventures of Robin Hood" ridden by Maid Marian, 1938, and was apparently not paired with Roy Rogers until after that.
If Trigger was in Rhythm On The Range it was as an under two year old - a real youngster - and well before any association with Roy Rogers.
Offline
Thanks Richard! Yes, Trigger is in The Adventures of Robin Hood. I always point that out to my family. Maybe Bing was riding Triggers father in the movie.
![]()