New members are ALWAYS welcomed. If you are having any problems signing up or logging into the board, please contact me at davidlobosco@yahoo.com.
THE "RENT" FOR THIS BOARD HAS NOW BEEN PAID THROUGH October 22, 2026.
Offline
Hi. I saw the show, Buddy's bakery rescue on TLC last week and in it was a featured resaraunt named Bing's bakery. this bakery had no connection to our man, Bing that im aware of, the bakery opened in 1946, I think and I beleive the original owner's first or last name was Bing. I wonder of Bing Crosby ever knew of or visited them and had one of their treats?! It made me smile and think of our man Bing...and if i ever opened up a resaurant id want to dedicate it to him.
Also I recently watched the program cupcake wars, in which a contestant makes a white Christmas cake, with a pretty white frosting and which she dedicated to Bing Crosby, the other contested made an Elvis Presley cupcake with a fried peanutbutter and banana topping/design. The Elvis cupcake won out, but my vote would've went to the white Chrismas cupcake, I think was much prettier. Nice tribute to our man and Elvis, though. ![]()
windyd