New members are ALWAYS welcomed. If you are having any problems signing up or logging into the board, please contact me at davidlobosco@yahoo.com.
THE "RENT" FOR THIS BOARD HAS NOW BEEN PAID THROUGH October 22, 2026.
Offline
Olive Oyl is Princess Alona and is wearing a Sarong. In one scene she is singing "Too Romantic" and the Closed Captioning underneath says "Singing Frank Sinatra's Too Romantic". I know Frankie recorded it too but I never heard his version and I always associated the song with Bing. Anyway, this Popeye episode is a Paramount one from 1942. It seams like it was inspired by "Road to Singapore". Why would Frankie be mentioned. Did he have a bigger hit with the song? Bing's version is one of my favorite songs. I never heard Frankie's version and never knew he recorded the song till I looked it up. Would love to read some comments from you older and more wiser fans. Meanwhile, I'll check out Youtube to see if there is a film of Frankie singing the song.
Offline
Just heard Frankie's version. It is nice but Bing's is the better version. The song fits Bing's voice to a T. Bing made you swoon with his version, sorry Bobbysoxers! Maybe the captioning was meant as a joke because Olive sings a terrible version. I'm not knocking Frankie. He had a Great voice but this song is all Bing.