New members are ALWAYS welcomed. If you are having any problems signing up or logging into the board, please contact me at davidlobosco@yahoo.com.
THE "RENT" FOR THIS BOARD HAS NOW BEEN PAID THROUGH October 22, 2026.
Offline
Noticed lots of new postings on youtube, including the Bell Telephone & Vera Lynn shows...
Offline
Thanks, Jace!
Offline
I also noticed some clips from the Oslo concert including this one :
Bing was really on form here: his Blue Skies rendition is FAB! I wonder if he maintained this form through the Palladium concerts of '77. If so, his was truly a light that burned brightly in the end...
Offline

Jace wrote:
I wonder if he maintained this form through the Palladium concerts of '77. If so, his was truly a light that burned brightly in the end...
Jace
The light burned brightly to the end. I attended one of the last Palladium concerts and it will remain a high spot in my memories. Although Bing had strong support from members of his family, Ted Rogers and Rosemary Clooney, he was on the stage for most of the time and remained in full voice throughout. The audience reaction was fantastic too. A great evening.
Offline
There is a clip on YouTube of Bing at The Grove singing "What Is It?". Bing refers to Jack Oakey and the camera swings around to show Jack at a table. However, the interesting thing of the clip is that it shows a grey headed man dancing with a lady and he is perspiring like crazy and keeps wiping his brow (a la Louis). It is this same scene that is in one of Bing's shorts when he sings 'Out of Nowhere". So, the same piece of film is used in at least two different items.
I have "What Is It" on a CD I just bought "Gus Arnheim - Echoes from The Cocoanut Grove". The other Bing song on this is "out of Nowhere"
Offline
I've said it here before...when I am in the mood to listen to him, it is usually an LP from "The Latter Day Bing" that I'll select.