02/10/2026 9:55 pm  #26


Re: The Chronological Bing Crosby Complete Online Set

I finally found the 1928 version of "Ol' Man River" just finished listening to it., i already knew the alternative version wasn't on this set because it was only discovered in recent years well after it was originally compiled.

 

03/10/2026 9:58 am  #27


Re: The Chronological Bing Crosby Complete Online Set

Thanks so much for this. I collected all the LPs but stopped collecting after 1932. It’s great to have access now to all those alternate takes. 

 

05/10/2026 7:15 pm  #28


Re: The Chronological Bing Crosby Complete Online Set

Where did you find the alternate take? Is it available on line somewhere as I’d love to hear it. Cheers Dave Duncan. 

 

05/10/2026 8:30 pm  #29


Re: The Chronological Bing Crosby Complete Online Set

I am not aware of it being available online currently, it is on the SEPIA release “Good & Rare Volume 3.”


Sing a song of sunbeams, let the notes fall where they may, sing a song of sunbeams in a light fantastic way.
     •Thread Starter
 

Board footera

Spread the word about CROSBY FAN WORLD http://crosbyfanworld.boardhost.com