New members are ALWAYS welcomed. If you are having any problems signing up or logging into the board, please contact me at davidlobosco@yahoo.com.
THE "RENT" FOR THIS BOARD HAS NOW BEEN PAID THROUGH October 22, 2026.
Offline

Well, it did take me some time to accept Bing's passing but - - - a photo of Bing in the "Dexter Daily Statesman" is alleged to date from the 1980's ! !
(The story would appear to be local to Naples, Florida, but the Dexter Statesman seems to be published in Dexter, Missouri.)
Item here
and a larger version of the photo -
I would guess 1976 as the latest likely date, and Bing is recorded as being in Naples, Florida in February in Malcolm's "Bing Crosby - Day By Day".
I have sent them a suggested correction.
Last edited by Richard Baker (26/1/2015 3:45 pm)
Offline

There seem to have been hundreds of sightings of Elvis after his death. To tell the truth, I'd rather Bing was coming back to visit this world on occasion. ;)