21/12/2014 11:10 pm  #1


Distorted misuse of Bing's recordings

Recently seen on Youtube, Bing's immortal recording of "White Christmas" slowed down to one tenth speed. Listen to a distorted ddddddddddrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnn out version of the song taking up all of 31 minutes if you really must but WHY? and why waste time making it?

I fear that just a few minutes searching will pull up further abominations. Again, WHY? 

And I am certainly not going to credit them with any easy links from here.
 

 

22/12/2014 8:59 pm  #2


Re: Distorted misuse of Bing's recordings

....and yet..... still not as bad as the rendition ruined by the dreadful Michael Buble on the Irving Berlin collection!!!

 

24/12/2014 1:35 am  #3


Re: Distorted misuse of Bing's recordings

Richard Baker wrote:

Recently seen on Youtube, Bing's immortal recording of "White Christmas" slowed down to one tenth speed. Listen to a distorted ddddddddddrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnn out version of the song taking up all of 31 minutes if you really must but WHY? and why waste time making it?

I fear that just a few minutes searching will pull up further abominations. Again, WHY? 

And I am certainly not going to credit them with any easy links from here.
 

I guess there are some positives in my being technically unable to stream anything with my connection.  I am baffled why anyone would bother to do such a thing?????
 

 

17/3/2015 1:53 am  #4


Re: Distorted misuse of Bing's recordings

From the title of the topic, was expecting to read that a Bing tune had been "sampled" in one of those awful "gangster rap" records!

Arch

 

03/3/2020 4:18 am  #5


Re: Distorted misuse of Bing's recordings

Oh well, during Christmas time in Walmart I heard a not good remix of his version of Happy Holiday. It was nice to have any Bing on at all, but not as much in that form


Sing a song of sunbeams, let the notes fall where they may, sing a song of sunbeams in a light fantastic way.
 

Board footera

Spread the word about CROSBY FAN WORLD http://crosbyfanworld.boardhost.com