21/12/2014 11:10 pm  #1

Distorted misuse of Bing's recordings

Recently seen on Youtube, Bing's immortal recording of "White Christmas" slowed down to one tenth speed. Listen to a distorted ddddddddddrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnn out version of the song taking up all of 31 minutes if you really must but WHY? and why waste time making it?

I fear that just a few minutes searching will pull up further abominations. Again, WHY? 

And I am certainly not going to credit them with any easy links from here.

22/12/2014 8:59 pm  #2

Re: Distorted misuse of Bing's recordings

....and yet..... still not as bad as the rendition ruined by the dreadful Michael Buble on the Irving Berlin collection!!!

24/12/2014 1:35 am  #3

Richard Baker wrote:

Recently seen on Youtube, Bing's immortal recording of "White Christmas" slowed down to one tenth speed. Listen to a distorted ddddddddddrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnn out version of the song taking up all of 31 minutes if you really must but WHY? and why waste time making it?

I fear that just a few minutes searching will pull up further abominations. Again, WHY? 

And I am certainly not going to credit them with any easy links from here.

I guess there are some positives in my being technically unable to stream anything with my connection.  I am baffled why anyone would bother to do such a thing?????

17/3/2015 1:53 am  #4

From the title of the topic, was expecting to read that a Bing tune had been "sampled" in one of those awful "gangster rap" records!

Arch

03/3/2020 4:18 am  #5

Oh well, during Christmas time in Walmart I heard a not good remix of his version of Happy Holiday. It was nice to have any Bing on at all, but not as much in that form

Every time it rains, it rains pennies from heaven.

Board footera