14/9/2013 6:43 am  #1

The Bells of St. Mary's coming out on blu-ray

14/9/2013 12:56 pm  #2

Re: The Bells of St. Mary's coming out on blu-ray

Great news Malcolm! I guess a Blu-Ray and Remastered version[for those without Blu-Ray] are coming out. That company [Olive] did a few Cagney movies.

Peace and Love! 

17/9/2013 6:12 pm  #3

It looks like they are just issuing it on Blu Ray and not DVD - and there are no special features. It's still a movie worth owning though.

17/9/2013 6:37 pm  #4

Lobosco wrote:

It looks like they are just issuing it on Blu Ray and not DVD - and there are no special features. It's still a movie worth owning though.

David, the site shows for DVD- Retail: $19.95, Our: $14.99 [Buy Now]

The Bells of St. Mary's (Blu-Ray)  Retail: $29.95, Our: $21.99

Both formats, and then they say "​Unlike many of Olive's offerings, Bells includes a bonus feature: The Look of Love: An Essay by Film Critic R. Emmet Sweeney".

Have wee been looking at different sites?

17/9/2013 10:07 pm  #5

Richard, I saw the same thing as you.

Peace and Love! 

17/9/2013 10:09 pm  #6

I just noticed different stores are advertising different things. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Peace and Love! 

18/9/2013 12:44 pm  #7

I hope the advertisement is wrong, because I would love to get a good copy of this film on DVD. I only have a DVD copy I made from TCM.

18/9/2013 3:39 pm  #8

Republic Pictures/Republic Entertainment (A Paramount/Viacom Company) issued Bells of St. Marys on DVD in 2000. I think I found it at a Walmart only a few years ago, and I think I have seen it on store shelves more recently than that.  I would suspect that used and possibly also new copies of that edition are available on ebay as well.

20/9/2013 1:09 pm  #9

I have the color version and I copied it on to dvd. I notice cduniverse.com and moviesunlimited.com have the older releases. The blu-ray remastered version is due 11/19/13. 

Peace and Love! 

26/11/2013 4:55 am  #10

My blu-ray of Bells of St. Mary's arrived today. I didn't watch it yet busy getting ready for Thanksgiving. I ordered from cduniverse.com. Good news for David! They have the Blu-Ray and the regular remastered dvd release. And yes Richard the bonus you mentioned!

Peace and Love! 

26/11/2013 6:06 pm  #11

Got my copy today and I have just watched it. It's been some years since I saw it all the way through and whilst the film is of its time, it is still a very moving story with good acting by everyone involved. The scenes between Bing and Ingrid Bergman are excellent. The essay by R. Emmet Sweeney which is enclosed is first class too.

Board footera