12/7/2013 10:47 am  #1

"THE HOME OF BING CROSBY"

The site identified as the Official Home Of Bing Crosby appears to have vanished. A new site identified as BingCrosby.com has appeared instead.

Much of the interesting content of the old site has gone - I very much hope that this is not forever. Personally I found the audio and video content at the site extremely interesting and would regret their passing, so I hope that the changes are developmental - a transitional phase only.

I have changed the link in the banner on this site.

14/7/2013 12:39 am  #2

Re: "THE HOME OF BING CROSBY"

Just went to the site. What a great collection of phortos of Bing that scroll across the screen. Some I've seen before but there are some new images as well. How nice.
Or, as Jackie Gleason would say - how sweet it is.

15/7/2013 4:02 pm  #3

I agree, Richard.  I personally loved the video and audio content on the old version of the website, especially the audio shows - some of which I already had in my possession but in inferior quality. I really hope they eventually put that content back up.

Zane Johnson

16/7/2013 2:23 am  #4

Richard,

I also hope that this is a temporary change, because as it is now, the website doesn't look quite as attractive, and the contents aren't quite as interesting. I also loved the audio and video material, most of which I hadn't seen or heard until I first encountered it on the site. I am not sure why they have made these changes to the website, but as they say, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!"—and in my opinion it wasn't broken...

16/7/2013 12:25 pm  #5

I hoping that they start accepting checks or money orders for Bing items. 

Peace and Love! 

05/9/2013 5:58 pm  #6

The Video vault is back! I understand that the audio vault will re-appear soon.

26/9/2013 8:22 am  #7

The audio vault has now re-appeared.

26/9/2013 11:55 am  #8

Malcolm Macfarlane wrote:

The audio vault has now re-appeared.

-and it is arranged very nicely, with KMH, Philco, Chesterfield and other shows in their own groups.

Very commendable to make them available in this way, and I do hope the collection might be expanded.

No GE shows though.

At present there are 10 KMH shows, 11 Philcos and 21 Chesterfields plus the 14 parts (counting some split episodes) of "The Crosby Years". 21 hours of listening plus "The Crosby Years".

Board footera